The Student Room Group

'11,000 scientists claim climate emergency'?

https://cloudstor.aarnet.edu.au/plus/s/d0G4LtaYfsRBKOr?fbclid=IwAR0XLRj7Dhq8NYXUNMmk6S3n58uT6bYoT6orLkjYv55EKUGNyt0vE6e6gZY#pdfviewer

Read the signatures. Is there one well known climate scientist, Mann, Trenberth, Briffa, Jones etc in the list?

I did find 840 students, 2,000 professors, 450 assistants, 380 biologists, 1 Zoo Keeper, 250 engineers.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Do you have a job?
Reply 2
It's a sign of the times, I've never seen anything like this in my entire life. We're bombarded with false narratives and manipulative illusions 24/7 in a way never seen before, whatever the subject may be. I've given up taking any of it seriously and arguing the toss, it's pointless. Another round of green taxes coming up soon, isn't that the way to save the world? Nuts.
Reply 3
Original post by YaliaV
Do you have a job?

Oh dear, someone has had their world rocked by dissent from the official new religion...
And i suppose vaccines cause autism as well, yes?
Original post by z-hog
Oh dear, someone has had their world rocked by dissent from the official new religion...

How many accounts do you have OP?
Original post by YaliaV

Wait is it the same guy?
Reply 7
Original post by YaliaV

I have 94 accounts and I'm not minimally interested in your mumbo jumbo on the weather or anything else.
Original post by z-hog
I have 94 accounts and I'm not minimally interested in your mumbo jumbo on the weather or anything else.

“Climate and weather are two different phenomena” - any year seven geography student
Reply 9
Given im rather dubious as to whether you even have a GCSE its probably best you stop wearing your ignorance quite so proudly.
Most of the “450 assistants” are actually assistant professors. If you are familiar with the academic systems in US, you would know what that means.
Reply 11
This 'comment' makes absolutely no sense sweety. Try again.
Original post by z-hog
It's a sign of the times, I've never seen anything like this in my entire life. We're bombarded with false narratives and manipulative illusions 24/7 in a way never seen before, whatever the subject may be. I've given up taking any of it seriously and arguing the toss, it's pointless. Another round of green taxes coming up soon, isn't that the way to save the world? Nuts.

Depends which world you're talking about. The world most of us live on isn't flat.
Reply 13
Original post by AJ126y
Depends which world you're talking about. The world most of us live on isn't flat.

Of course not, the world you live in is simply going to burn out and people will be dying in their billions. London will be submerged, together with most of the landy bits sticking out and if we don't revert to the Stone Age tomorrow morning it will be too late. We need to make Britain carbon-neutral in 6 years time or everything on Earth will go extinct, 12 years in the US and on and on... Are you sure there's a point in carrying on with our lives?
Original post by z-hog
Of course not, the world you live in is simply going to burn out and people will be dying in their billions. London will be submerged, together with most of the landy bits sticking out and if we don't revert to the Stone Age tomorrow morning it will be too late. We need to make Britain carbon-neutral in 6 years time or everything on Earth will go extinct, 12 years in the US and on and on... Are you sure there's a point in carrying on with our lives?

Not quite that extreme but yes that is the general picture. Well done.
Reply 15
I suggest you consult a dictionary sweetie :smile:
I had no idea we had climate change deniers on TSR as well as all the other crackpots. What next: flat earthers?
Keith Briffa has been dead for two years bud.
Ok I read the letter. I'm seeing a former chancellor, a handful of economists, some engineers, and yeah there's some climate scientists who made an appearance but I'm not seeing Mann, Trenberth, Briffa or Jones on there so I'm guessing it's worthless, right?
Original post by Ben2021
Most of the “450 assistants” are actually assistant professors. If you are familiar with the academic systems in US, you would know what that means.

I suspect that they are actually "TAs" - those are the people who tidy up the room after an exam - with a broom.

Quick Reply