The Student Room Group

Question for Cambridge IPQ / EPQ (UK)

Hi all, I would like to enroll for Cambridge International Project Qualification (IPQ), which is the same as Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) in UK, for June 2020 series (since I've been enrolled for a subject which is uncompatible with IPQ in the same series).

The question I was thinking about is: "How cars evolved over time?" I really like cars. I would start with the first models, what benefits they brought, how they were built, what they contained, how much they cost and I'd end up talking about the latest models with driving aids (autonomous driving), electric cars, among others.

What do you think about? Do you think it's an exploitable topic?

Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by FacuGamer577
Hi all, I would like to enroll for Cambridge International Project Qualification (IPQ), which is the same as Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) in UK, for June 2020 series (since I've been enrolled for a subject which is uncompatible with IPQ in the same series).

The question I was thinking about is: "How cars evolved over time?" I really like cars. I would start with the first models, what benefits they brought, how they were built, what they contained, how much they cost and I'd end up talking about the latest models with driving aids (autonomous driving), electric cars, among others.

What do you think about? Do you think it's an exploitable topic?

Thank you!

You have to be careful because you don’t want it to just be a narrative of the history of the cars there needs to be an argument. A question such as ‘How have cars evolved over time?’ would run the risk of simply being a history of cars and then you will get a bad grade because there is no debate.

So you need to have a question with two or more sides to an argument. Eg. ‘Has the evolution of cars ever been beneficial to society?’ or ‘To what extent has (person/place/company) been at the forefront of the evolution of car technology?’ or ‘To what extent could the car be seen as the greatest technological evolution of the 20th century?’ or ‘Will the evolution of cars accelerate in the future?’ or ‘Are the advancements in car technology today as revolutionary as the advancements of the (19th of 20th) century?’.
Original post by AHoek10
You have to be careful because you don’t want it to just be a narrative of the history of the cars there needs to be an argument. A question such as ‘How have cars evolved over time?’ would run the risk of simply being a history of cars and then you will get a bad grade because there is no debate.

So you need to have a question with two or more sides to an argument. Eg. ‘Has the evolution of cars ever been beneficial to society?’ or ‘To what extent has (person/place/company) been at the forefront of the evolution of car technology?’ or ‘To what extent could the car be seen as the greatest technological evolution of the 20th century?’ or ‘Will the evolution of cars accelerate in the future?’ or ‘Are the advancements in car technology today as revolutionary as the advancements of the (19th of 20th) century?’.

Hi, thank you very much for your help. It's the first time I've seen this qualification, so I didn't knew specifically.

Thanks!
Yea, that is really helpful thx
hello sir/ma'am I want also do IPQ and as i am very much interested in physics in relation with sports so what exact topic in this would I take ? Would you please help me out . Thankyou much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending