The Student Room Group

[Official] Magdalene College Applicants 2020

Basically a thread for applicants who've applied to Magdalene for 2020 entry. I would very much appreciate if you can type in the subject you've applied for and why you've chosen Magdalene. Good luck everyone!
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by nhya1998
Basically a thread for applicants who've applied to Magdalene for 2020 entry. I would very much appreciate if you can type in the subject you've applied for and why you've chosen Magdalene. Good luck everyone!

Hii I've applied for Chem eng via nat sci. I chose natsci mainly because the tour on the open day was one of the best (the student was super nice). also some small stuff; the new library, the riverside and the fives court.
Reply 2
which subject did you apply for?
Reply 3
I applied for law - still haven't heard anything yet. I am really nervous...somebody's already receiving interview invitations (well, from the main thread)
Reply 4
I’ve applied for Econ!
Reply 5
Original post by chughes2
I’ve applied for Econ!

Have you heard anything from them yet?
I have Applied for Law and am pretty nervous- any interviews yet?
Reply 7
Original post by roorooroo
I have Applied for Law and am pretty nervous- any interviews yet?

I actually emailed them and they said the dates for law will be 11-13 December...I guess they will issue the invites next week- hope I get one!
Reply 8
It says on their site (magdalene website) ;' We will endeavour to write in mid-November to those invited for an interview to confirm the details.' so probs next week.
Reply 9
Have you heard anything from them yet?

Nah would be too early for that, after the end of next week I’m expecting we’ll hear something
Reply 10
I applied for Law at Magdalene as well!
How do you guys prepare for the interview?
Reply 11
Original post by darria

Still haven't received an invitation...guess I should prepare after receiving one? I'm just too anxious to do anything right now.
Reply 12
I'm from New York, I applied for HSPS and chose Magdalene because I spent 2 weeks in Cambridge and it was one of the nicest college I saw and based on the prospectus I got I liked the description of it :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Chlegmc
I'm from New York, I applied for HSPS and chose Magdalene because I spent 2 weeks in Cambridge and it was one of the nicest college I saw and based on the prospectus I got I liked the description of it :smile:

Yeah my experience with Magdalene is more of an internet affair. I've never visited Magdalene (usually I get sidetracked at Cambridge and end up at Churchill for instance) but when was I researching for colleges online I came across this beautiful building and thought 'one day I am gonna study there' - it turned out to be Pepys Library so I'm now applying to Magdalene
Original post by darria

I applied for law at Magdalene as well but haven't received an interview yet. Then again, I forgot to send the confidentiality form and they only received it today. I'm expecting a response by next week. How have you guys been preparing, i haven't done much. And do you guys know whether we'll recieve a response by email or post?
Reply 15
Original post by submarines
I applied for law at Magdalene as well but haven't received an interview yet. Then again, I forgot to send the confidentiality form and they only received it today. I'm expecting a response by next week. How have you guys been preparing, i haven't done much. And do you guys know whether we'll recieve a response by email or post?

I think we're going to receive the response by email...Oh well, my sixth sense tells me it's going to be the end of this week as next week might get too busy for the admissions office (when the pre-interview assessment results reel in, there are going to be a lot of decisions to make)....I just hope I'm right. Daily post to say I'm stressing out.
I think we're going to receive the response by email...Oh well, my sixth sense tells me it's going to be the end of this week as next week might get too busy for the admissions office (when the pre-interview assessment results reel in, there are going to be a lot of decisions to make)....I just hope I'm right. Daily post to say I'm stressing out.

See I thought I would be tomorrow/Friday. But then I thought that the deadline for the Feedback form is Friday, so then I thought it might be next week instead of this week.
Reply 17
Original post by mansnothottt
See I thought I would be tomorrow/Friday. But then I thought that the deadline for the Feedback form is Friday, so then I thought it might be next week instead of this week.

From last year's statistics, apparently some colleges also issue invites over the weekend haha
From last year's statistics, apparently some colleges also issue invites over the weekend haha

Does that include Magdalene? :P
Apparently, Johns had a Feedback form deadline of 7 Nov, and according to the spreadsheet they only started issuing invites from 11 Nov, so I think for Magdalene this week might be possible but optimistic haha
Reply 19
Original post by mansnothottt
Does that include Magdalene? :P
Apparently, Johns had a Feedback form deadline of 7 Nov, and according to the spreadsheet they only started issuing invites from 11 Nov, so I think for Magdalene this week might be possible but optimistic haha

I don't think so sigh...anyway, Magdalene's earliest interview offer last year (from the spreadsheet) was 14 Nov (for Education) and there were also invites sent out on the 15 Nov so I think we can afford to prop our hopes up haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending