The Student Room Group

2020 Civil Engineering Applicants Thread

Hi everyone. This is a thread for civil engineering applicants looking to start in 2020 to chat and discuss things and find people doing the same course.

For the applicants threads for specific unis, follow this link>>

Copy this template if you want, no need to mention everything though :smile:

Universities applied to:
Achieved/Predicted A-level/IB/Higher grades:
AS grades (if taken):
GCSE grades:
Any extra-curricular stuff you want to mention:

Scroll to see replies

Universities applied to: Imperial (Civil Engineering with a year abroad), UCL (Civil Engineering), Bath (Civil and Architectural Engineering with placement), Bristol (Civil Engineering with study in continental Europe), Surrey (Civil Engineering with placement)
Achieved/Predicted A-level/IB/Higher grades: A*A*A* in Maths, Further Maths and Physics
GCSE grades: Five 9s, four 8s and one A*

I just want that UCL offer. Hopefully, I get it.
Original post by NirvanBarua
Universities applied to: Imperial (Civil Engineering with a year abroad), UCL (Civil Engineering), Bath (Civil and Architectural Engineering with placement), Bristol (Civil Engineering with study in continental Europe), Surrey (Civil Engineering with placement)
Achieved/Predicted A-level/IB/Higher grades: A*A*A* in Maths, Further Maths and Physics
GCSE grades: Five 9s, four 8s and one A*

I just want that UCL offer. Hopefully, I get it.

I have received an offer from UCL. Have you heard of anyone who has received anything from Imperial?
Yh I got invited to the recruitment day on the 27 November.
Hi do you mind me asking when you applied? I'm so scared that I am rejected.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by david the dude
Hi do you mind me asking when you applied? I'm so scared that I am rejected.

30 October
Are you a UK candidate. Have you heard anyone else get invited. Sorry to bother you but Imperial is my top choice.
Are you a UK candidate. Have you heard anyone else get invited. Sorry to bother you but Imperial is my top choice.

I only know of one other person, who's in my school. Yes, I'm a UK candidate. I wouldn't worry if I was you because there's a second batch of interviews. You still might get an invite.
It's so weird you have heard from Imperial and not UCL. I got 4 A*s predicted so I don't see why they don't invite me. I applied back in early October. When did you hear back?
Reply 9
I’m also going to the selection day on 27th, also been sent a maths test to complete within the next two weeks, can anyone give any advice on how to prep for this as it did not detail on topics etc? Im so nervous!
you got sent a maths test to complete? what are you predicted?
when did you recurve the invitation?
Original post by alanwali
I'm also going on the 27th and I also got the maths test email this morning. Idk what I'm doing loool they said its not necessary to prepare for the test but i think im just going to revise the whole of year 1 pure maths and what we've learnt so far in year 2 pure, but idk if statistics and mechanics will be on it??

when did you apply?
Reply 13
when did you apply?

End of october
Reply 14
I'm also going on the 27th and I also got the maths test email this morning. Idk what I'm doing loool they said its not necessary to prepare for the test but i think im just going to revise the whole of year 1 pure maths and what we've learnt so far in year 2 pure, but idk if statistics and mechanics will be on it??

Yeh that’s what I’m planning on doing too, might go over mechanics as well just to be safe😁
I haven't thieves an interview, what is this maths test?
Reply 16
Same. But I received the interview email last friday and it still hasn't been updated on track... anyone else having this problem?

It’s the same for me, think that because it’s a group selection day it might not come up as an interview but not sure
*received
what's this maths test. in previous years it was at Imperial right?
It's so weird you have heard from Imperial and not UCL. I got 4 A*s predicted so I don't see why they don't invite me. I applied back in early October. When did you hear back?

Oh no I got UCL, Bristol and Surrey offers too. I heard back from Imperial 9 days after I submitted my application.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest