The Student Room Group

Does today’s youth still take lecture notes with pem and paper?

Or is it all laptops and ipads?
Reply 1
Depends on the course, some are 90% laptops, some are 90% paper
Yep, some do.
Sone of mine won't let us use laptops because they think writing things down is better
Tbh I can’t really keep up by typing. It depends how fast your fingers are really.
When I attended a lecture with one of my friends on Monday last week, I saw him use a pen and notebook paper for his note taking. :yes:
writing is SOOOO boring! typing is faster and just prettier
Yep. Don't even take that many notes in lectures since it is all online anyway. Tutorials where you get personal feedback is where i make most of my notes.
I take notes with pen and paper if I take any at all. My preferred method for learning is to read ahead a bit, familiarise myself with relevant theories, go to the lecture and listen to what the lecturer has to say (without making notes) and then make hand written notes at home after the lecture using active recall.
I do a little of both. I cant make my own notes fast enough though so i usually just add notes to whats already been provided to me
Reply 11
What's a pem?

I actually use a quill and parchment. I'm the most sophisticated of the lecture class.
(edited 4 years ago)
I used pen and paper all throughout undergrad but I’m considering laptop for postgrad since ive gone from doing 3 modules a semester to 5...
i still writing shopping lists..... with pen and paper :unsure:
Original post by Bio 7
What's a pem?

I actually use a quill and parchment. I'm the most sophisticated of the lecture class.

Clearly a typo, Mr Potter.
Original post by goggleyed
i still writing shopping lists..... with pen and paper :unsure:

Usually just type it out on my phone these days.
Original post by J0n3zviper
Usually just type it out on my phone these days.

i do that sometimes too
Reply 17
Most of mine use pens and paper

Research consistently supports it as being better for retention

Quick Reply

Latest