The Student Room Group

Scam modeling alert!

Scroll to see replies

Hello, I have the same experience, I have paid for it and everything, the gave me a scrape of paper which is only a welcome form. No contract, no proper contact details, I’m not sure what to do
Reply 61
Omg I wish I read these reviews before I went today. I couldn't believe it's in a little unit in a not so nice area. I read to believe on the application that to come get some free shoots and see if you have potential, which they said i did which i was suprised about tbh. I had my feed back then i was talked to about agents in London, I'm a single mum with 2 dependants I can't travel to London and im not working so can't afford 300 for portfolio. Luckily I've not spent any money as I didn't have it hence unemployed which I put on my application. Yhey said they give me a week cool off period but they be hetting an email to say sorry burn photos and thanks for wasting my precious time.
Everyone beware of this company model bookings online iv been and stopped people today from being charged excessive amounts for images you don’t need or promising you opportunities! Please everyone be aware!
Please everyone beware of this company model bookings online also MOMCO and FUSION they also contact you after taking your money l.
Original post by Lala1897
Hello, I have the same experience, I have paid for it and everything, the gave me a scrape of paper which is only a welcome form. No contract, no proper contact details, I’m not sure what to

Did you get a refund?
Original post by Monique808080
Please can you let me know what you have done as they took £500 off my credit card and now when I call, they are saying that they will call later and then they don’t. I was made to believe that as well and mine juss happened recently on the 16th of May 2019. These pole are scums, they juss take ur money and watch u leave knowing what they are doing. I hope karma comes back to haunt them because I’m a struggling single parent of two children who is surviving on maternity pay and they had the nerve to take that lot knowingly. I have called I have send emails I have done all sorts, they are ignoring me.

I also need to take action. What can I do please. They took £500 from me

I’m in the process now of trying to report this company. I’m getting nowhere on regards to getting a refund no response on emails
Original post by JAKEYBOY83
Did you get a refund?

No not yet, I will be going to the studio if not.
Did you get a refund?

Original post by El75x
Omg I wish I read these reviews before I went today. I couldn't believe it's in a little unit in a not so nice area. I read to believe on the application that to come get some free shoots and see if you have potential, which they said i did which i was suprised about tbh. I had my feed back then i was talked to about agents in London, I'm a single mum with 2 dependants I can't travel to London and im not working so can't afford 300 for portfolio. Luckily I've not spent any money as I didn't have it hence unemployed which I put on my application. Yhey said they give me a week cool off period but they be hetting an email to say sorry burn photos and thanks for wasting my precious time.

Did you get a refund? Or spoke to anyone ?

Did you get a refund? Or spoke to anyone ?

Hi Everyone...I have been in the same situation I paid £500 for nothing.
They don`t want to refund your money.We need to report them to ACTION FRAUD which I did...and everybody should do that cause if they see more complain about the same compony hopefully they will do something.
And please report them to Trading Standars as well I just spoke with them,they will do some action if more people reporting them.
This is the helpline I called:03454040506
Hi there Jana and others. I shoot today with M models,an online booking.com agency. Their are suited in London at Camden Studio close to William hill beeting shop. So I showed up today for the free shoot,waited for a few minutes to see if I made it to which I did but they later told me that a certain amount has to be done ranking from £300 to £2000.. I didn't pay them anything,I just told them I will tomorrow. Is this the same agency that screwed you over???
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Marshlow
Hi there Jana and others. I shoot today with M models,an online booking.com agency. Their are suited in London at Camden Studio close to William hill beeting shop. So I showed up today for the free shoot,waited for a few minutes to see if I made it to which I did but they later told me that a certain amount has to be done ranking from £300 to £2000.. I didn't pay them anything,I just told them I will tomorrow. Is this the same agency that screwed you over???

Hi Dear,yes they are the same agency please do not pay anything to them...do not even go back there...it is a scam...and they won`t give you back your money...I am trying to get back my money with my bank...
Reply 71
A general note about these scamming modeling agencies, on how to tell if theyre scamming you:

Normal modeling agencies shouldnt ask you for money straight up without giving you any more than a few minutes to decide. If you go to a modeling shoot and are later told you got in and need to pay for a package etc and youre not sure if its real, (1) say you cant make that decision today and need a few days to decide. see how they react (2) ask for more details about the package. you want to see eveyrthing in writing before signing anything (2) READ THE CONTRACT and tell them you need 10 minutes to read it and that they should give you that time. In my experience, the sales guy was speaking soooo fast and whenever id be trying to read the contract, hed ask me personal questions to distract me. DONT let them rush you. If you find theyre rushing you its highly likely its a scam.
So true..I refused to pay and they keep contacting me ..Momco and fusion called me too and I still ignored them...I wonder what next agency they will call me up for next???they scammers
Original post by TUNIVIRAG
Hi Dear,yes they are the same agency please do not pay anything to them...do not even go back there...it is a scam...and they won`t give you back your money...I am trying to get back my money with my bank...

I didn't pay them anything. I was smart enough to realise they scammers but now they won't leave me alone as they keep sending different agency to my phone like Momco and Fusion..they really got no shame to even stop bothering me..They hungry scammers
To me, it happened the exact same and on the same date as to you. We should contact a lawyer, get all together with our evidence and take them to court.
Original post by barton12
To me, it happened the exact same and on the same date as to you. We should contact a lawyer, get all together with our evidence and take them to court.

Hi Dear, well I reported to them to Trading Standerds more than a month ago...they did not do anything...I reported to them to Action Fraud which is a police site...they did not get back to me either...
The only people who helped me is my bank...you have to despute your money on your online banking explain to them what happened...the bank will contact to the other part to questioning them ...and because they are a scam they won`t reply or proof anything so hopefully you will get back your money in a moth...
I just got back my £500 this week...big thanks for my Natwest Bank...
Hi,I sent my pictures for them yesterday, and today i just received a conrats email. I called them up and the guy said i need to pay £50 deposit just for the booking and keep the slot for me in the selected appointment and I will give it back when I show up. Actually, It is just fun for me because it s free but if they truly scammers then just wasting time and my money to go there. What do you think?
Original post by Timeacseri
Hi,I sent my pictures for them yesterday, and today i just received a conrats email. I called them up and the guy said i need to pay £50 deposit just for the booking and keep the slot for me in the selected appointment and I will give it back when I show up. Actually, It is just fun for me because it s free but if they truly scammers then just wasting time and my money to go there. What do you think?

Hi,please do not waste your time and your money...they are scammers...I am just glad I got my money back by my bank and its over...It stressed me out so much...
Original post by Shelley188
Everyone beware of this company model bookings online iv been and stopped people today from being charged excessive amounts for images you don’t need or promising you opportunities! Please everyone be aware!

A friend just forwarded this discussion from student room.
I too have been a victim, I went somewhere called MM company but are called Malibu studios . The photo shoot resulted in very ugly photos of me which apparently I had no rights to have access to.. they showed me these packages of £300 , £500 and £1000..promising me that I will definitely get work, atleast once a week!
I should have walked out of there but I felt so trapped . I ended up giving in to that prick's sweet talk and ended up paying £150.. 50 % deposit of the £300 package.. I dont remember signing any contract though.. however the did make me sign what looks like a table with sentences in each row .. stuff like I am happy for agencies to use my photos .. I remember one sentence saying "I am happy to pay additional fees which I may be charged by agencies I am put forward to".

I am not rely sure what to do... I cancelled my card and requested my bank to dispute and try if they can get the money back for me.. this is just..so much punishment just to get some exposure to be noticed...
Original post by Rika_S01
A friend just forwarded this discussion from student room.
I too have been a victim, I went somewhere called MM company but are called Malibu studios . The photo shoot resulted in very ugly photos of me which apparently I had no rights to have access to.. they showed me these packages of £300 , £500 and £1000..promising me that I will definitely get work, atleast once a week!
I should have walked out of there but I felt so trapped . I ended up giving in to that prick's sweet talk and ended up paying £150.. 50 % deposit of the £300 package.. I dont remember signing any contract though.. however the did make me sign what looks like a table with sentences in each row .. stuff like I am happy for agencies to use my photos .. I remember one sentence saying "I am happy to pay additional fees which I may be charged by agencies I am put forward to".

I am not rely sure what to do... I cancelled my card and requested my bank to dispute and try if they can get the money back for me.. this is just..so much punishment just to get some exposure to be noticed...

The bank will get your money back...I got it back after a month...I had to send all my email conversation with the modellbookingsonline...like when I tried to get back my money cause I paid for nothing...I did not received any pictures and all the papers what I singed were fake...

Quick Reply

Latest