The Student Room Group

chemistry a level tips

Hi, I am in Year 13 and do AQA chemistry and am aiming for an A*. For those who have achieved it in the past, when did you finish revising the specification and when did you start past papers (also how many did you do)? Was past papers the main tool for revising the content and testing yourself? Any other tips and advice would be greatly appreciated!
Hi,
I finished chemistry a level this summer and got an A* somehow!
To revise I summarised each topic and tried to get that summary all on 1 a4 page. I would also flashcard some topics as I like to use a range of revision resources. I would make sure I understood fully the content, asked any questions as understanding something will help you remember it better. After this, I memorised the content by looking at the summary sheets, and then writing an exact copy of them our without looking. I would get someone else to test me on the flash cards. When I thought I knew most of it I started to do past papers. Anything I didn’t get right or didn’t know how to do I asked someone at college to explain. Can’t remember exactly how many I did, but it was quite a few. I also used random practise questions for harder topics that you can find online. Lastly a great tool I used was videos by MaChemGuy on YouTube, particularly his practical videos. I used them to make 1 flashcard per practical and revised them thoroughly as they often came up. Hope this helps and good luck! :smile:
Original post by MollyTav15
Hi,
I finished chemistry a level this summer and got an A* somehow!
To revise I summarised each topic and tried to get that summary all on 1 a4 page. I would also flashcard some topics as I like to use a range of revision resources. I would make sure I understood fully the content, asked any questions as understanding something will help you remember it better. After this, I memorised the content by looking at the summary sheets, and then writing an exact copy of them our without looking. I would get someone else to test me on the flash cards. When I thought I knew most of it I started to do past papers. Anything I didn’t get right or didn’t know how to do I asked someone at college to explain. Can’t remember exactly how many I did, but it was quite a few. I also used random practise questions for harder topics that you can find online. Lastly a great tool I used was videos by MaChemGuy on YouTube, particularly his practical videos. I used them to make 1 flashcard per practical and revised them thoroughly as they often came up. Hope this helps and good luck! :smile:

Thank you so much!!! Very helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest