The Student Room Group

Do interview for summer internship after signed full time offer

Hey guys,
I have signed a S&T return offer. However, I just received interview invitations from other banks in IBD. I do want to get a broader sense of finance and intern at IBD before I go S&T. This can allow me to see which area of finance best suit me.
However, I am a bit worried that my S&T bank know this and become unhappy. Is this a very risky move? What do you suggest me to do?
Thanks friends!
If you are discreet and do not put anything on your linkedin page, I highly doubt they will find out. It is important that you prioritise your needs and constantly look for better opportunities (as long as you are discreet and keep it to yourself). Go for the interview, impress them and if they ask; just say "I am interviewing with firms who match my values"

Goodluck!
Reply 2
Original post by vanillapanda
If you are discreet and do not put anything on your linkedin page, I highly doubt they will find out. It is important that you prioritise your needs and constantly look for better opportunities (as long as you are discreet and keep it to yourself). Go for the interview, impress them and if they ask; just say "I am interviewing with firms who match my values"

Goodluck!

Hey , Thanks for the advice. Since I have done an internship with the S&T bank and signed the return offer, this bank is considered part of my past employer. If the IBD bank has offered me a place for the summer internship, will it contact my previous employer for background check? In that way, both banks might find out about it? I am not really sure whether it is common to call previous employer for check.Thanks
Original post by 200 dreams
Hey , Thanks for the advice. Since I have done an internship with the S&T bank and signed the return offer, this bank is considered part of my past employer. If the IBD bank has offered me a place for the summer internship, will it contact my previous employer for background check? In that way, both banks might find out about it? I am not really sure whether it is common to call previous employer for check.Thanks

Hi, that is a tricky one as some firms call for a reference check while other do not when it comes to internships. I would advice waiting until you get an offer, and when you do; ask them what their background checks involve (the firm I worked for last summer just did a criminal check only)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending