The Student Room Group

york university

i got an offer from york and in the email they sent me they said they haven't decided what fees i have to pay, is there a reason, do they send that to everyone?
It depends if you are a uk resident or a international student. I’m assuming you live in the uk so maybe it’s because you haven’t lived here for 3 years? I’m only assuming since you didn’t give much context
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by PetitePanda
It depends if you are a uk resident or a international student. I’m assuming you live in the uk so maybe it’s because you haven’t lived here for 3 years?

Oh, I see i actually haven't lived here for 3 yrs yet. do you think it'd be a good idea for me to defer entry after results day in order to pay home fees. I'm a British citizen though
Original post by zodisagoddess21
Oh, I see i actually haven't lived here for 3 yrs yet. do you think it'd be a good idea for me to defer entry after results day in order to pay home fees. I'm a British citizen though

If it’s an option, I would do it or take a gap year and apply next year because the home fees for a non ik resident who’s been here for 3 years is much more expensive and student finance have different approach to those but idk much about loans involving this. Taking a gap year, through deferred entry or not, is much better financially because you can pay normal uk fees and earn some money towards it as well :smile:
Original post by PetitePanda
If it’s an option, I would do it or take a gap year and apply next year because the home fees for a non ik resident who’s been here for 3 years is much more expensive and student finance have different approach to those but idk much about loans involving this. Taking a gap year, through deferred entry or not, is much better financially because you can pay normal uk fees and earn some money towards it as well :smile:

okay thanks. i might just deferr my entry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending