The Student Room Group

Civil Service: Summer Diversity Internship Programme 2019/2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mint.skyscrapers
i haven't managed to scheduled one yet because i cant do the time they've given just waiting on a reply back from them

They seem to be sorting things out a lot quicker than previous years as I've seen past threads where most interviews weren't until January
ah thats good
Reply 22
Woo sent off the questions and a few hours later got an email with an interview! I'm being interviewed on 27th November. Now we just have to wait :biggrin:
Reply 23
sorry guys I'm on the wrong forum, I applied to the arly diversity 1-week internship.
Good luck and peace
Reply 24
I got an email about an phone interview the day after submitting the questions. My interview’s in December
Do you think the response times for the second stage depend on what department/area you selected?
Reply 26
Oop, got my interview in December!
I got rejected from the main schemes but told to fill out the additional questions for the SDIP, which I found a bit strange but I'm not complaining:smile:
Original post by rleah1998
I got rejected from the main schemes but told to fill out the additional questions for the SDIP, which I found a bit strange but I'm not complaining:smile:

What do you mean by the 'main schemes'? :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by henry1999
I got an interview on 13th November as well - has anybody had the interview yet, any idea what the questions may look like?

I have an interview tomorrow too, good luck to us both!

Also I assume by "main schemes" rleah1998 means they were rejected from the actual Civil Service Fast Stream for graduates (not the Summer internship)
So nervous for the interview today. I've got examples for the 3 areas they told us about so I'm just hoping I do okay. I'll let you all know after my interview what sort of things they ask.
Reply 31
Original post by 22001581
So nervous for the interview today. I've got examples for the 3 areas they told us about so I'm just hoping I do okay. I'll let you all know after my interview what sort of things they ask.

Good luck! When is your interview?
I have found it a bit difficult to distinguish clearly between some of the 3 areas so it's tough to know which examples to use for which area
Original post by h3110
I have an interview tomorrow too, good luck to us both!

Also I assume by "main schemes" rleah1998 means they were rejected from the actual Civil Service Fast Stream for graduates (not the Summer internship)

Yeah I meant the actual Fast Stream
Original post by h3110
I have found it a bit difficult to distinguish clearly between some of the 3 areas so it's tough to know which examples to use for which area

Good luck!
Original post by h3110

My interview is at half 2 so not long to go now. I found it difficult too, I've got 2 examples for each of the 3 in the end but I found it a lot easier to think about my examples for the 5 competencies that we previously looked at rather than these new 3.
Original post by 22001581
Just had my interview. I was really nervous beforehand but the woman I spoke to was really nice, she was a 2nd year fast streamer. Firstly I was asked a few questions about my reasons for applying, then about the list of the 3 competencies they sent us. I would say have at least 2 examples for each so you're not repeating yourself. I don't remember all of the specific questions as I was so nervous. Think it went okay, lasted about 30 minutes and she said at the end that she thought I sounded confident and well prepared so hoping that's a good sign. She also said that she would use her notes on my interview and also take notes on the last form that we filled in with the 2 questions to come to a decision but didn't say when we would find out.

Hi there. I'm glad it went well! :smile: Can you recall if it was one or several questions for each of the 3 areas? And did the interviewer tell you which competency was being assessed before each question?
Original post by g.a.mills1996
Hi there. I'm glad it went well! :smile: Can you recall if it was one or several questions for each of the 3 areas? And did the interviewer tell you which competency was being assessed before each question?

Thank you! Yeah it was a few on each but it wasn't necessarily all different examples. She also said at the end that she didn't need to ask me that many follow-up questions as I answered the questions she asked fully so they may ask more follow-up questions for each competency depending on your answers.
Original post by g.a.mills1996

Also yes she clearly said which question was about each competency 😊
Has anyone else had their interview? I'm interested to know what people thought about it 😊.
I had my interview last week, I was slightly surprised by the questions they asked. They were slightly more niche than I expected but it went quite well, all things considered.

Quick Reply

Latest