The Student Room Group

Eton COllege Orwell Award

Hj
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello Muhamary,
I was considering applying but I only found out about the Orwell Award a few days ago and the deadline has already passed. What stages have everyone completed already and do you think I would still have a chance if I contacted them now describing my situation (I’m also in year 11, from a state school)
Regards
Iestyn
Original post by MuhamaryK
Hey my name is Muhamary, a year 11 pupil who got shortlisted for the Orwell Award at Eton College. I was just wondering if I could speak to a previous recipient or an Eton pupil.

Hi Muhamary, i also got shortlisted aswell. Are you going this sunday?
Reply 3
Original post by DarkShadow101

Yh I am
Reply 4
Yh I am

not to sound creepy but what your name? :smile:
not to sound creepy but what your name? :smile:

aha dw its mahid. where abouts are you coming from? For the interviews have you done any prep? Cuz i literally have no idea what to do lool.
Reply 6
aha dw its mahid. where abouts are you coming from? For the interviews have you done any prep? Cuz i literally have no idea what to do lool.

Oh hey Mahid, my name Muhamary and I’m coming from Dagenham
Reply 7
Oh hey Mahid, my name Muhamary and I’m coming from Dagenham

Where are you coming from?
Reply 8
Where are you coming from?

Looking forward to it tomorrow?
Looking forward to it tomorrow?

I thought it starts on sunday- wednesday? Anyways not really, im just keen on what the exams will be like. Odd question but what are you going to wear when you go there?
Reply 10
I thought it starts on sunday- wednesday? Anyways not really, im just keen on what the exams will be like. Odd question but what are you going to wear when you go there?

Yh me too. Really wanna see the exams. It I don’t think they’ll be that hard. Just don’t stress. Ngl but I dunno just started packing today. Prob a suit
Reply 11
You pretty smart?
You pretty smart?

Umm i mean, getting shortlisted into eton could suggest that i am. But compared to others that are going, probably not lool. I'd say im a maths guy- not really into my englishes. What about yourself?
Reply 13
Umm i mean, getting shortlisted into eton could suggest that i am. But compared to others that are going, probably not lool. I'd say im a maths guy- not really into my englishes. What about yourself?

Im into maths myself but the sciences is where I excel the most. I mean I’m ok with maths pretty good at it but I guess I have to be in order to do the sciences
Reply 14

Look forward to meeting you mahid! Yoir parents must be very proud. Kinda awkward talking with rivals 😂😂 but I mean hopefully we both get in
Reply 15
You pretty smart?

What you choosing for a level?
Look forward to meeting you mahid! Yoir parents must be very proud. Kinda awkward talking with rivals 😂😂 but I mean hopefully we both get in

Aha, look forward to see you to. Hopefully, we both do get in!
What you choosing for a level?

I've decided to choose Maths,Chem,Bio and Physics. Im thinking of doing an AS in physics because i've heard 4 a levels is tough but at the same time its eton uno ahah. What about yourself?
Reply 18
I've decided to choose Maths,Chem,Bio and Physics. Im thinking of doing an AS in physics because i've heard 4 a levels is tough but at the same time its eton uno ahah. What about yourself?

Maths guy with no further maths 😂😂😂. Personally I don’t know. I have five interviews. Maths, physics, chem, further maths, and computer science. Im probabaly gonna do 4 from the cluster. I have no ideas how as and a level works. aha
Maths guy with no further maths 😂😂😂. Personally I don’t know. I have five interviews. Maths, physics, chem, further maths, and computer science. Im probabaly gonna do 4 from the cluster. I have no ideas how as and a level works. aha

Well i was going to do further maths but i decided not to, only because i wanted to study a range of different subjects cuz i enjoy them lool. Yeah same, i have no idea what each of them do/are. For the interviews tho, have you revised for them eg do u think they are going to be knowledge-based or just general questions like why do u want to do this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending