The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

2020 University of Aberdeen applicants thread

Hello there! :P

This thread is for the people who are applying/have applied this year to study at the University of Aberdeen.

Did you receive an acknowledgement or offer?
What course(s) have you applied to?
What other universities have you applied to?

I'll start: I applied to MEng Electronics and Electrical Engineering and have also applied to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde and Heriot-Watt.
Applied 7/09/2019, received an acknowledgement on 7/10/2019 and got an unconditional offer
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Well I have applied for law in the university of Aberdeen,Oxford,Durham and Edinburgh
but I am not sure of the selection process as I got 89% in my class 10th and my predicted grades are 93% in 12th
and the most amazing fact is that pursued science till 12th while I had to study law which I definitely think they will find weird along with the fact that I am an international student I really don't know how my selection process would go.
And yes I have received an acknowledgement letter
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Original post by riyanwani
Well I have applied for law in the university of Aberdeen,Oxford,Durham and Edinburgh
but I am not sure of the selection process as I got 89% in my class 10th and my predicted grades are 93% in 12th
and the most amazing fact is that pursued science till 12th while I had to study law which I definitely think they will find weird along with the fact that I am an international student I really don't know how my selection process would go.
And yes I have received an acknowledgement letter

I have to take all subjects (including things like geography, history, biology etc) all the way through high school. Since the relevant subjects for electrical&electronic engineering are more difficult than the humanities, it will be weird for the admissions officer to see higher grades in History than in Maths lol :')
Reply 3
I'm applying for molecular biology with a year in industry! I'm applying to Glasgow, Glasgow Caledonian, Heriot-Watt and St. Andrews as well.
I haven't sent my application off but I'm kinda scared because I've only sat 3 Highers so far :-) I think I'm still in a good place to get a conditional but we'll have to see - haven't sent my UCAS off yet though!
Reply 4
Original post by hapypepy
I'm applying for molecular biology with a year in industry! I'm applying to Glasgow, Glasgow Caledonian, Heriot-Watt and St. Andrews as well.
I haven't sent my application off but I'm kinda scared because I've only sat 3 Highers so far :-) I think I'm still in a good place to get a conditional but we'll have to see - haven't sent my UCAS off yet though!

No point in being scared :smile: Good luck!
I am applying through IB for Psychology. I will also apply to St. Andrews, Stirling and possibly Dundee. I'm still looking for my 5th option :frown:
Did anyone get any offer from Aberdeen ?
I got mine from Sheffield and Edinburgh whereas I have been allocated a college by oxford but Aberdeen has not given any update since last month ?
Anyone here apply for chemical engineering?
Reply 8
I received an unconditional offer as an international student for Economics and Mathematics on Oct 31 and was formally notified of being a North American scholarship recipient yesterday :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by yaldson
I received an unconditional offer as an international student for Economics and Mathematics on Oct 31 and was formally notified of being a North American scholarship recipient yesterday :smile:

Omg congratz!
Reply 10
Original post by Mirai609
Hello there! :P

This thread is for the people who are applying/have applied this year to study at the University of Aberdeen.

Did you receive an acknowledgement or offer?
What course(s) have you applied to?
What other universities have you applied to?

I'll start: I applied to MEng Electronics and Electrical Engineering and have also applied to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde and Heriot-Watt.
Applied 7/09/2019 and received an acknowledgement on 7/10/2019
EDIT: It was in spam and I didn't notice it until a week later :s-smilie:

Just got an unconditional offer!!! I'm so happy omg :suith:
Just got an unconditional offer!!! I'm so happy omg :suith:

Congratulations! Wish you the best!
Reply 12
Original post by SophieBer
Congratulations! Wish you the best!

Thanks a lot! Good luck to you as well!
Did you receive an acknowledgement or offer? not yet, only sent off my application yesterday!
What course(s) have you applied to? BA (Hons) Psychology
What other universities have you applied to? QMU (also for Speech and Language Therapy, my 1st choice), Napier, Dundee
Anyone got offers yet
Reply 15
Original post by kasacolx
Anyone got offers yet

I did get one for electrical and electronic engineering. According to https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=6177978, Aberdeen has only made 4 offers that we on TSR know of (including mine)
I got an unconditional for history/pol today! I applied on Wednesday with AAAAA in my highers. They were so quick I was really surprised.
I just received my acknowledgment email. I applied on the13th of November and they told me that they sent my acknowledgment mail back on the 14th of November but I hadn't received anything.
I am still waiting for an offer for psychology MA after 12 days:frown:
Reply 18
Original post by SophieBer
I just received my acknowledgment email. I applied on the13th of November and they told me that they sent my acknowledgment mail back on the 14th of November but I hadn't received anything.
I am still waiting for an offer for psychology MA after 12 days:frown:

12 days is not much at all. I got mine after more than two months hehe. You gotta be patient
12 days is not much at all. I got mine after more than two months hehe. You gotta be patient

I know it's not that much but I'm getting anxious after seeing all these people receiving offers after 3 days or so :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending