The Student Room Group

Which of these Universities has the best job prospects for Law?

Hi there,

I was curious which of these universities would be best to apply to if I was seeking high employment prospects post-studies. Basically, which is the most impressive to a future employer.

Manchester
York
Exeter
Warwick
Leeds

Thanks.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

not quite sure I agree with this....

not everyone goes to oxbridge and gets a first, those are all good unis and a Law degree will set you up well.
👦👦👦👧👧🌱🌱🌱
Manchester has the highest graduate employment rate atm and is highest ranked for Law. Also with all the money being pumped in I’m sure it’s gonna only get better so if I were you I’d pick there. Warwick still has a bit more prestige as of now if you ask me and I don’t know much about the other three
I saw someone in another pair on this site talk about the moment being pumped in. I guess that’s hearsay so I retract that. I assumed it was valid asManchester is the most popular uni in the north afaik because a lot of the north seems to flock there. I could be wrong. I was actually at Manchester on Friday and they had posters everywhere advertising the employability thing. That’s why I mentioned it.
Not really. I just didn’t believe the uni could lie so blatantly without the threat of culpability so I assumed it was valid.
Ah I wasn’t aware this was happening, thank you for elucidating the matter.
Yeah, still don't know which is the best Uni to apply to. So far I've gathered that "HuRR DuRR OxFoRd GoOd" as well as "uNi LiE!" and not much else.
"no difference"
k.
"tOo MaNy SnOtTy LiL sH*Ts In OnE dAy"
salt.
>we got him playing defense boys
salt x2.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Ruzbear
>we got him playing defense boys
salt.

Not at all, he is literally stating facts.

All of them are RG unis, one is not going to have Slaughter & May rolling out the red carpet for you on graduate and the other is not going to leave you sifting paperwork at a high street immigration shop.

Does not matter which one you attend; getting a 2:2 from ExeTAH is not going to make a law firm *** in their pants that you went to ExeTAH and nor is getting a 1st from Manchester going to make a US firm not hire you because you went to Manchester.
Original post by Qull
Not at all, he is literally stating facts.

All of them are RG unis, one is not going to have Slaughter & May rolling out the red carpet for you on graduate and the other is not going to leave you sifting paperwork at a high street immigration shop.

Does not matter which one you attend; getting a 2:2 from ExeTAH is not going to make a law firm *** in their pants that you went to ExeTAH and nor is getting a 1st from Manchester going to make a US firm not hire you because you went to Manchester.

What if I really want to go to ExeTURRRR?
Original post by Ruzbear
What if I really want to go to ExeTURRRR?

Then go there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending