The Student Room Group

Why are women so turned off by awkward men?

I’ve been awkward since I hit puberty and I’m wondering what girls have against awkward guys? As if it’s our fault that we are that way. We’re not creeps or anything even though we often get portrayed as creeps, but doesn’t mean we are. It would be nice if we got approached instead of being prejudged by our social impairment.
Reply 1
awkward
adjective
1. causing difficulty; hard to do or deal with.
2. causing or feeling uneasy embarrassment or inconvenience.

...why indeed...
:iiam:
(edited 4 years ago)
Awkward people are often bad tempered, bad mannered and annoying.
Guys and girls.
basically it gives me anxiety. when a guy isn't awkward I'm less nervous if that makes sense.
Reply 4
Everybody's turned off by awkward people, btw. Whether in a work environment, socially, romantically, whatever.

Awkward means unpredictable and that makes them difficult to be around, an unnecessary hassle, frankly. And as Londonmyst says, that can manifest itself as bad tempered, bad mannered, and sometimes violent / abusive.
Original post by londonmyst
Guys

Good not agree more with you.
Because its really difficult to have a conversation with awkward people, not to mention not very enjoyable. It depends on what you mean by awkward, some awkward people may just have a weird air about them, others may give one/few word responses which makes having a conversation akin to pulling teeth. Also this is not a issue that is exclusive to one gender, both guys and girls can be awkward and the same reasoning applies to both.
Reply 7
> Why are people so turned off by awkward people?

Fixed.
Original post by londonmyst
Guys and girls.

:lol:

You just love generalisations.
I have social anxiety and I have to work at it. The vast majority of people are awkward at times and everyone has to practice. You don’t have an ‘impairment’ or a condition (unless you have autism or something).

Awkward people make people feel awkward and I’m sure awkward people don’t make you feel comfortable either. It’s a bit rich to blame women, so take some responsibility and stop being bitter. You can make improvements.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by bennyj901
Because its really difficult to have a conversation with awkward people, not to mention not very enjoyable. It depends on what you mean by awkward, some awkward people may just have a weird air about them, others may give one/few word responses which makes having a conversation akin to pulling teeth. Also this is not a issue that is exclusive to one gender, both guys and girls can be awkward and the same reasoning applies to both.

Socially awkward
Reply 11
I've seen so many girls love awkward guys. Especially when he's handsome, they literally fall for him so quick. I find awkward guys cute but honestly I'm awkward too so it ain't gonna work out lmao. I need someone chatty so I open up and become chatty myself (and I talk too much when I'm comfortable with someone).
Original post by eoeoeo
I've seen so many girls love awkward guys. Especially when he's handsome, they literally fall for him so quick. I find awkward guys cute but honestly I'm awkward too so it ain't gonna work out lmao. I need someone chatty so I open up and become chatty myself (and I talk too much when I'm comfortable with someone).

I’ve always had this perception that girls are into the pretty boys as in looks and cocky players as in personality. I’m alright looking I guess but very introverted
Because we want to have good conversations with people?

Because we enjoy wit, intelligence, charm, and humour?

Because talking to people with awkward body language or always expect others to lead conversations is a real chore?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending