The Student Room Group

Why do people see Conservatives as 'racist'?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QE2
Only by Tory propagandists. Not by rational people.

Vote Johnson, get Hitler. Which means that it is actually the Tories who hate Jews.
QED.

You are insane
Original post by QE2
Didn't need my Asme Irony-o-Meter™ to spot that one. The irony is so strong I had to open a window!

No, you need to learn what Godwin's law is. Clearly another thing to add to the seemingly endless list of stuff you don't understand.

Talking nonsense as usual mate?
Original post by QE2
Yeah, but you were using it in the context of race, which is wrong. It applies specifically to comparing people to Nazis.

You dont know what writing means then!!:facepalm:

Original post by dancehead
You are insane

Eye, thats one explanation! Or maybe a little out to lunch.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by 1st superstar
I am not saying that the conservatives are racist just the one's who voted leave purely due to immigration and for no other "proper" reason (most Brexitiers) without doing any other research and being lied to by the Tories and the whole government... ( I blame Cameron, Boris and "Govey" (Michael Gove)

Oh how your memory doesn't work. Cameron campaigned to remain, in fact most of the government including the Tories pleaded with us to remain. I think they should have asked the question but remained neutral - ie your decision. Instead they produced a pamphlet trying to persuade people to vote remain, Luckliy people saw though it. Sorry to break it to you but most Brexiteers did not vote leave just because of immigration, or did no research. Some, like me voted to leave for democracy reasons and freeing ourselves of being run by a council in Brussels/Strasbourg, that are unelected. I've never liked the European Union. I like Europe, but not the EU.

Time to put it to bed now anyway. Over 3 years on we are leaving and thats that. Stop moaning about it, all you do is make your cause look even more ridiculous.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 63
You are insane

You need to read it the context of am on-going, and occasionally surreal, conversation.

Although it is true that the average Tory voter is more likely to be genuinely "anti-semitic" (ie. prejudiced against Jews simple because they are Jewish) than your average Labour voter.

Original post by Burton Bridge
Talking nonsense as usual mate?

Oh dear.
You wrote a post that contained dangerous levels of irony, so I pointed that out.
Now, obviously you won't have noticed because not only do you lack the self-awareness, but you don't understand irony, which makes it even funnier.

You dont know what writing means then!!

The irony continues unabated!
It has been repeatedly demonstrated that you are often unaware of the implication or even meaning of what you write. Your incorrect use of Godwin's law being just another example.

Eye, thats one explanation! Or maybe a little out to lunch.

And as if on cue, you demonstrate that very thing. "Out to lunch" is synonymous for "insane". So your statement actually read "He could be insane. Or maybe a little insane".
Remember, it's never too late to learn.
BTW, it's "aye", not "eye". Unless you were talking to your eye. Was that what you meant?
Reply 64
Over 3 years on we are leaving and thats that.

You've all been saying that for 3 years. We might, we might not. It still remains to be seen. And we still don't know what model of Brexit it will be. Remember that Farage has said that Johnson's Deal "Is Not Brexit!", so if we leave on those terms, we haven't actually left.
Original post by QE2
Hitler was trying to preserve and rejuvenate a traditional way of life.

Vote Hitler, get Stalin.

so your original comment was this before you slyly tried to edit it

(Original post by QE2)

Vote Johnson, get Hitler. Which means that it is actually the Tories who hate Jews.
QED.

What a disgusting comment. Why are you once again speaking for the jewish people when you're literally a sri lankan ex muslim lmao?
There are loads of british jews who will be voting for conservatives come december including me - does that make you upset? :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by pgt111
so your original comment was this before you slyly tried to edit it

(Original post by QE2)

QED.

What are you on about? They are two separate comments.
And they are part of an ongoing, tongue-in-cheek conversation which requires context.
But yes, you are more likely to find genuine anti-semites in the Tory party than in the Labour Party.

What a disgusting comment. Why are you once again speaking for the jewish people when you're literally a sri lankan ex muslim lmao?

How is that "speaking for Jewish people"? Where have a made a claim on behalf of Jewish people?

There are loads of british jews who will be voting for conservatives come december including me - does that make you upset? :smile:

It upsets me when anyone votes Tory. However, "British Jews" are not some homogenous group who all think and do the same thing. Some will see the Tories as suiting their requirement, others Labour, and some will choose other parties.
Does that make you upset - the fact that British Jews are just British People who happen to be Jewish?
Reply 67
Original post by bloomer36
And why is it common for non-white people to vote Labour, as if that's the 'normal' thing to do given their non-white background?

I'm non-white and growing up, I was always made to think Labour is good, Conservatives are bad. Old, white, racist people. My family members always voted Labour so I just thought that was the 'right' one. Now that I'm older, I'm kind of realising this is probably something I should look into more. I don't think conservatives are 'racist', or what so many non-whites think they are.

Nothing but pure hearsay. Pretty much the same thing for UKIP. It's ridiculous that people would actually slander in such important matters like politics.
Original post by QE2
What are you on about? They are two separate comments.
And they are part of an ongoing, tongue-in-cheek conversation which requires context.
But yes, you are more likely to find genuine anti-semites in the Tory party than in the Labour Party.

How is that "speaking for Jewish people"? Where have a made a claim on behalf of Jewish people?

It upsets me when anyone votes Tory. However, "British Jews" are not some homogenous group who all think and do the same thing. Some will see the Tories as suiting their requirement, others Labour, and some will choose other parties.
Does that make you upset - the fact that British Jews are just British People who happen to be Jewish?

"genuine antisemites" and who the hell are you to know what is antisemitic lmao? The labour party has a deep history of antisemitism and your commie trash of a leader has done nothing to condemn them - he doesn't care about the jewish people. hes also a terrorist sympathiser who believes we should be dealing with isis in terms of the law lmao what a deluded c*nt

why are you imposing your political beliefs on people though? I literally said there will be many british jews who will be voting for the conservatives not all jews. stop twisting my words.

have fun in sri lanka
Reply 69
Original post by pgt111
"genuine antisemites" and who the hell are you to know what is antisemitic lmao?

Erm, someone who knows the definition of "anti-semitism". You may as well ask how a vet can know what diseases affect animals.

The labour party has a deep history of antisemitism and your commie trash of a leader has done nothing to condemn them - he doesn't care about the jewish people. hes also a terrorist sympathiser who believes we should be dealing with isis in terms of the law lmao what a deluded c*nt

and who the hell are you to know what is Labour Party lmao?
Seriously though, you're wrong. You are just parroting the propaganda from the right-wing press. Ironic really.
Original post by QE2
Erm, someone who knows the definition of "anti-semitism". You may as well ask how a vet can know what diseases affect animals.

and who the hell are you to know what is Labour Party lmao?
Seriously though, you're wrong. You are just parroting the propaganda from the right-wing press. Ironic really.

have fun in sri lanka :smile: can't wait to vote conservatives!! does it hurt you jews will be voting for conservatives hahaha? imagine spending your whole life on tsr - failure detected but blame it on the conservatives :wink:
Reply 71
Original post by username5036196
have fun in sri lanka :smile: can't wait to vote conservatives!! does it hurt you jews will be voting for conservatives hahaha? imagine spending your whole life on tsr - failure detected but blame it on the conservatives :wink:

Are you ok?
Original post by Boredman6
We don't. No such thing as racism in England. In England we give people of an ethnic persuasion anything they want and we even adapted to there original culture and everything.

The fact that you believe there’s no racism in England is worrying in itself, are you an ethnic minority to be declaring such as though it applies to u?
Original post by the bear
the Labour party is seen as a haven for people who hate the Jews ? that's kinda racist i guess ?

:dontknow:

Jewish is not a race.
Reply 74
I would say the view of an entire party being racist is reserved for UKIP, Brexit Party (but to a lesser extent) and formerly the BNP when it was prevalent.
Original post by QE2
You need to read it the context of am on-going, and occasionally surreal, conversation.

Although it is true that the average Tory voter is more likely to be genuinely "anti-semitic" (ie. prejudiced against Jews simple because they are Jewish) than your average Labour voter.

Oh dear.
You wrote a post that contained dangerous levels of irony, so I pointed that out.
Now, obviously you won't have noticed because not only do you lack the self-awareness, but you don't understand irony, which makes it even funnier.

The irony continues unabated!
It has been repeatedly demonstrated that you are often unaware of the implication or even meaning of what you write. Your incorrect use of Godwin's law being just another example.

And as if on cue, you demonstrate that very thing. "Out to lunch" is synonymous for "insane". So your statement actually read "He could be insane. Or maybe a little insane".
Remember, it's never too late to learn.
BTW, it's "aye", not "eye". Unless you were talking to your eye. Was that what you meant?

Grow up!

I said we will have to rewrite Godwins law for these people. This implies a different rule similar too godwins law could be invented. Why do misunderstand almost everything?

Also

out to lunch

phrase of lunch

INFORMAL

temporarily not in command of one's mental faculties.

I've already explained in the past, with copy paste definitions like above, nearly the same isn't the same as the same, but you could not understand that either! #shocker
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by username5036196
"genuine antisemites" and who the hell are you to know what is antisemitic lmao? The labour party has a deep history of antisemitism and your commie trash of a leader has done nothing to condemn them - he doesn't care about the jewish people. hes also a terrorist sympathiser who believes we should be dealing with isis in terms of the law lmao what a deluded c*nt

why are you imposing your political beliefs on people though? I literally said there will be many british jews who will be voting for the conservatives not all jews. stop twisting my words.

have fun in sri lanka

Can you explain to me why Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser?
What policies labour currently have that are going to oppress Jewish people?
What danger the Jewish community would be in, should we get a labour majority government?

Let's have an adult discussion, you may be able to make an idoit look like an idoit, but that's not all too difficult :smile:
And why is it common for non-white people to vote Labour, as if that's the 'normal' thing to do given their non-white background?

I'm non-white and growing up, I was always made to think Labour is good, Conservatives are bad. Old, white, racist people. My family members always voted Labour so I just thought that was the 'right' one. Now that I'm older, I'm kind of realising this is probably something I should look into more. I don't think conservatives are 'racist', or what so many non-whites think they are.

Well unfortunately this is politics so these sorts of things happen. The other day Jeremy Corbyn was confronted by a man who told said Corbyn supports terrorists

Because they are right-wing, and generally pander towards rich people from rich areas in the south and especially the home counties near London, which happen to be populated mostly by wealthy white people, and not that many black people. Although there are black people in these areas, there are significantly fewer minorities there than other areas I would think, but I could be wrong. But anyway that's why I think they are seen as potentially racist.

Minorities might vote for Labour because of the same logic- Labour used to be all about the working-class (still is kinda) but is more about gov't spending and a larger welfare state- basically the opposite of conservatives. It's a bit of a touchy subject, but possibly some people from ethnic minorities backgrounds don't have enough money to do well under tory austerity whereas rich whites from surrey may be fine? But don't quote me, most students also vote labour because of their left-wing progressive policies so yeah
Reply 79
Original post by Burton Bridge
Grow up!

Childish!

I said we will have to rewrite Godwins law for these people. This implies a different rule similar too godwins law could be invented. Why do misunderstand almost everything?

Then it would no longer be Godwin's law. It would be "Bridge's Law". You really need to think about what you are saying.

Also - out to lunch - temporarily not in command of one's mental faculties.
I'd like to see the source of your definition, but nevertheless it still means "insane".
The words "hole" digging" and "stop" spring to mind.

"No! "Out to lunch" does not mean "Insane", It means "not in command of you mental faculties".
Kinda like, "Irate" does not mean "angry", It just means "really annoyed".

I've already explained in the past, with copy paste definitions like above, nearly the same isn't the same as the same, but you could not understand that either! #shocker

Were you trying to make a point there?
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending