The Student Room Group

Can no fap increase your confidence

please help me. i have no selfesteem and am just crippling with shyness.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

Hi dear you have to know what u want and focus on getting it. That can help you find a little confidence. And always be positive that u can get it cause u are worth it
Idk. I havent in 3 days and im started to repluse it. Could potentially be forever
As for confidence. Its trial and error. At start if year i couldnt talk to a single girl or made a joke. But now that ive basicslly talked to wvery girl in all my classes id say im pretty confident.

U wont get it overnight just saying but practice talking to friends or random people-im gonna start talking to random people in the canteen if i have time and make their day.
Reply 3
oh ok
Reply 4
No fap is pointless there is nothing wrong with masterbating and it is a normal part of human sexuality nearly everyone does it. The whole not masterbating thing is just going to make you dismissive of your sexual side and lead to feelings of guilt when you inevitably want to have a bit of fun with yourself.
there are a lot of misconceptions about nofap. masturbating is literally completely disconnected from the issue you describe, so it won't do anything except make you sexually frustrated.
Reply 6
what about eye contact and confidence and all that

I have no idea how those two things can be possibly connected.
Reply 8

You've not studied biology much, eh?
its rumoured if you complete a week of nofap you gain the ability to see the future
I believe that some people feel as if they are performing better while undertaking nofap because it gives them something to "work towards", and so they feel an ongoing sense of achievement. But it's not magic, and won't be enough to solve your problems here

Eye contact can be fixed by looking at the person you're talking to.
well i didnt fap yesterday and i just feel kinds better.. is this just psychological?
Nofap can help but only because you are setting a goal and achieving it.

The only resource ejaculating uses up is a very small amount of your energy, its not a magic elixir. There have been no scientifically proven benefits. Confidence is to do with your mental psyche rather than your physiology.

People who say they've gotten more confident by not fapping have probably been experiencing a "placebo effect.".

Its kind of like if I told you I'll spray you with a magic perfume which makes you smarter when really it's just a normal perfume. You'd act smarter because I tricked your subconscious into believing the lie I told you. Not because the perfume itself was magic.
Original post by Popsiclez
The only resource ejaculating uses up is a very small amount of your energy, its not a magic elixir. There have been no scientifically proven benefits. Confidence is to do with your mental psyche rather than your physiology.

People who say they've gotten more confident by not fapping have probably been experiencing a "placebo effect.".

Its kind of like if I told you I'll spray you with a magic perfume which makes you smarter when really it's just a normal perfume. You'd act smarter because I tricked your subconscious into believing the lie I told you. Not because the perfume itself was magic.

Oh but I read an article that said otherwise..
Oh but I read an article that said otherwise..

pretty nebulous, links would be appreciated lol
Original post by Drewski
You've not studied biology much, eh?

I've doing no so called fap on and off for 4.5 years. something changes once get to 30 days and it's not a placebo. more research needs to be done
Yeah I usually feel very low after a good fap
Are you taking part in: No Nut November?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending