The Student Room Group

How to revise for Computer Science GCSE?

How do you revise for Computer Science GCSE? Any revision websites or study guides? And tips?
Reply 1
Original post by avi109
How do you revise for Computer Science GCSE? Any revision websites or study guides? And tips?

There are a lot of useful resources online. Python can be used for improving coding. There's a website called IDEA. It's like a computing version of Duke of Edinburgh and goes through things as well as making it fun. There's also loads of revision guides you can buy online. The one i have is a purple edexcel revsion guide with a workbook and it is very useful for studies. Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by BreezyM
There are a lot of useful resources online. Python can be used for improving coding. There's a website called IDEA. It's like a computing version of Duke of Edinburgh and goes through things as well as making it fun. There's also loads of revision guides you can buy online. The one i have is a purple edexcel revsion guide with a workbook and it is very useful for studies. Hope this helps!

Thank you for your help.
Past papers are good for practice of the code questions, ask your teacher if it would be okay to hand them a few for them to check over and see if you’ve done them right
Reply 4
Original post by avi109

Ask your teacher for past papers or just exam questions. Really useful for algorithms stuff because thats all about practice. Could also use Seneca, personally I don't like it but i got grade nine friends who rely on just that. for stuff about computer systems/ networks/ security etc , i really just like using flashcards and active recall
Original post by avi109

Hi brother, check out quizlet, it is awesome for flash caRDS!
Reply 6
become a good coder do advent of code
Reply 7
code weekly w3 scools good
learn inbuilt functions

Quick Reply

Latest