The Student Room Group

HM Treasury Policy Advisor - Official Thread 2019-2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I've just been told I passed the SJT and have to do the verbal and numeracy tests - but no links to the tests yet!
anyone know what the online numerical test and verbal test suppliers are e.g. SHL etc ???????
Original post by xx1t35
Just received an email that I'm through to the online tests! So relieved I have not made it this far in any of my other apps! lol. Good luck to everyone!

Just got the email to say that as well. Not received the actual link for the tests yet though! Good luck everyone! :smile:
Yikes, I’ll definitely be constantly refreshing now. Well done!
Reply 44
Original post by xx1t35
Just received an email that I'm through to the online tests! So relieved I have not made it this far in any of my other apps! lol. Good luck to everyone!

Yay! Well done! Make sure to practice the numeracy/verbal tests if you haven't done those before! I've definitely improved through practice :smile:
Reply 45
I've just heard back now, has everyone else?
Not heard anything! I’m hoping they’re doing it in waves because I’m getting nervous! I did apply about 2 days before the close of applications so maybe that’s why.
What a coincidence!! As soon as I sent that post I checked my junk and it had just arrived! I’m through!!
Reply 48
Original post by connorfrench96
What a coincidence!! As soon as I sent that post I checked my junk and it had just arrived! I’m through!!

Congrats. Me too!
Hey, joining the thread as I'm also through :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by jobapps
Yay! Well done! Make sure to practice the numeracy/verbal tests if you haven't done those before! I've definitely improved through practice :smile:

Thanks for the heads up! :smile: where are you finding these practice tests? I’ve been completing some assessment day ones but I’ve been told they’re not similar to the ones the big 4 use for example so not really sure where to go from here :s
Oh no, I haven't heard back yet! Hoping it's done in waves as would be pretty disheartening to fail at the first stage!
Reply 52
Original post by xx1t35
Thanks for the heads up! :smile: where are you finding these practice tests? I’ve been completing some assessment day ones but I’ve been told they’re not similar to the ones the big 4 use for example so not really sure where to go from here :s

I’ve been able to afford to pay for a JobTestPrep subscription which gives lots of practice tests of varying types.
I’m not sure what exact tests these are but I’m sure all numerical tests would help! Verbal admittedly you want to make sure you’re practicing the right sort of question so maybe wait until we have more info? Or practice a variety anyway?
Tests have just come through guys!
Just got mine.
Reply 55
I've not got the link?
Reply 56
Are the tests both timed?
did anyone else get their test link from a cabinet office email?? Bit confused as the email before saying I'd got through to the test stage said it would be from a different email address to the one I've received it from.
Original post by amymcm11
did anyone else get their test link from a cabinet office email?? Bit confused as the email before saying I'd got through to the test stage said it would be from a different email address to the one I've received it from.

Yes, I got that too!
Original post by connorfrench96
Yes, I got that too!

okay great, just wanted to double check it wasn't a dodgy link!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending