Are you for or against school uniform?

Poll

Are you for or against school uniform?

Question above and I am personally for school uniform

EDIT: my poll got featured on 4-11-19?!
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

For!!
As a kid who didn’t grow up with much money, I would have been mortified if we didn’t have school uniforms. Kids were mean enough about the shoes we wore, I couldn’t imagine the torment of wearing the same clothes most weeks - as a lot of kids wouldn’t be able to buy new clothes all the time. There would be so much pressure to wear branded things too.
100% for but it does depend on the uniform. my school is scrapping blazers and ties and getting horrible polo shirts. I think school uniform should look good and should be a full blazer and tie uniform
Original post by 1st superstar
Question above and I am personally for school uniform

what is your reasons for being for??
I’m personally against, from secondary school onwards. Primary school should certainly have a uniform (as at least personally, I was in charge of all of my clothing choices and they were atrocious.) I do, however, think that it should be at least an informal workwear level of clothing, but uniform can be uncomfortable in different weather conditions etc.
Original post by emilyegould
I’m personally against, from secondary school onwards. Primary school should certainly have a uniform (as at least personally, I was in charge of all of my clothing choices and they were atrocious.) I do, however, think that it should be at least an informal workwear level of clothing, but uniform can be uncomfortable in different weather conditions etc.

what do you mean by informal?? tie n blazer??
For, if nothing else it saves the hassle of deciding what to wear and school isn't meant to be a fashion show anyway. Plus if there was no uniform, then we'd be having all of the dress code drama that goes on in America - it's a lot easier to be appropriately dressed by everyone's standards if you are all wearing the same. Schools shouldn't be allowed to have one shop with a monopoly on the uniform though - for my high school, I could no longer wear the skirts I'd had in primary school, even though they still had plenty of wear in, as they were not from the official supplier. There was only one shop which school allowed to sell the uniform and so prices could end up quite high, which is unfair.
Original post by boods8897
For, if nothing else it saves the hassle of deciding what to wear and school isn't meant to be a fashion show anyway. Plus if there was no uniform, then we'd be having all of the dress code drama that goes on in America - it's a lot easier to be appropriately dressed by everyone's standards if you are all wearing the same. Schools shouldn't be allowed to have one shop with a monopoly on the uniform though - for my high school, I could no longer wear the skirts I'd had in primary school, even though they still had plenty of wear in, as they were not from the official supplier. There was only one shop which school allowed to sell the uniform and so prices could end up quite high, which is unfair.

I agree on the pricing and market issue. what type of uniform do you think should be standard in secondary schools
I’m FOR it, and always will be.

It creates unity within a school... you are apart of something bigger.

It also saves the hassle of what to wear each day, kids who feel they might be judged/people who do judge, ect....
It also prepares you for the working world.
Original post by Tizzytizzie
I’m FOR it, and always will be.

It creates unity within a school... you are apart of something bigger.

It also saves the hassle of what to wear each day, kids who feel they might be judged/people who do judge, ect....

do you think they should be formal tho like blazer and ties or just a polo shirt
Up until high school then yes I'm totally for the uniform. Here's a few reasons why:

1) Everyone is equally dressed. There's no form of judgement based on what you where and alongside it doesn't pressurise individuals to buy "acceptable" branded clothing.
2) Similar to the point above. Everyone can be seen as equal just how they should be. Attention shouldn't be brought on the super rich kid who's bragging about his £350 Balenciaga t-shirt and stops kids from being isolated.
3) Saves time. Believe it or not, you start to realise how much consideration you put into choosing clothes and once you slap on a shirt, trousers, blazer and a tie boom you're ready to go.

Now in the unfortunate event you have a very... unique uniform... then I can fully understand being against it. :smile:
Original post by Simon0276
do you think they should be formal tho like blazer and ties or just a polo shirt

I personally really like a blazer (I had one). If it looked nice, I wouldn’t mind a tie.

It looks professional, smart... like it actually has a purpose. I love the whole idea of uniform.

Depends on how you’d dress/what you’d wear with the polo. Could like incredibly dull... or it could be alright 🤷*♀️ Could depend of the season as-well/time of year.
Original post by Tizzytizzie
I personally really like a blazer (I had one). If it looked nice, I wouldn’t mind a tie.

It looks professional, smart... like it actually has a purpose. I love the whole idea of uniform.

Depends on how you’d dress/what you’d wear with the polo. Could like incredibly dull... or it could be alright 🤷*♀️ Could depend of the season as-well/time of year.

my school changed the uniform in summer and from next week we have to wear polo shirt and school sweat shirt. today is last day I'm wearing the blazer and tie uniform. still havent even changed lol. I hate the idea of the polo shirt next week. looks horrible compared to what I wear now
for! choosing clothes is effort and wearing own clothes is scary!
Reply 15
Original post by Sh1vam.naik
Up until high school then yes I'm totally for the uniform. Here's a few reasons why:

1) Everyone is equally dressed. There's no form of judgement based on what you where and alongside it doesn't pressurise individuals to buy "acceptable" branded clothing.
2) Similar to the point above. Everyone can be seen as equal just how they should be. Attention shouldn't be brought on the super rich kid who's bragging about his £350 Balenciaga t-shirt and stops kids from being isolated.

This is the argument most oft trotted out, but I went to a failing school in a deprived area and it is in my experience nonsense. The posh kids still have better, newer stuff, and the poor kids still get bullied cos their shirts aren't white enough, or their blazer is a hand-me-down
For, never had money issues thankfully but I couldn’t be bothered picking an outfit for each day
For, I don’t really care. Yes it might be annoying and uncomfortable and make me look ugly and fat but I don’t mind. Don’t know why they let you wear your own clothes in sixth form, I think it’s so you are prepared for uni or something
Original post by OR321
For, never had money issues thankfully but I couldn’t be bothered picking an outfit for each day

This is me. I don't have to wear a uniform now that I'm Year 12 and I'm usually staring at what to wear for like a good 5-10 minutes lol.

Thankfully, our school uniform actually looked nice
Original post by Greywolftwo
For, I don’t really care. Yes it might be annoying and uncomfortable and make me look ugly and fat but I don’t mind. Don’t know why they let you wear your own clothes in sixth form, I think it’s so you are prepared for uni or something

my schools sixth form has uniform same as normal school with slightly diff tie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending