The Student Room Group

Helping with GCSE Maths and Further Maths students

IF YOU'RE STUDYING GCSE MATHS OR FURTHER MATHS, POST QUESTIONS OR TOPICS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. IF YOU ALSO DOING ADDITIONAL MATHS, I CAN ALSO HELP YOU.
Currently 1st year of A Level Maths. got 9 in Maths and A* in Further Maths.
omg, you are a life-saver. this is literally like what i need in life. not at the moment exactly but come next week’s math homework & well, yeah. expect a couple more comments.

oh, & i’m doing gcse math & supposedly meant to get a 7. i mean, i’m not shocking at math but wordy questions or anything volume gets me mega confused.
just a little warning :smile:
just realised i sound like an idiot there. i’m not, i promise. well, at least most of the time i’m not :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ellaswords
omg, you are a life-saver. this is literally like what i need in life. not at the moment exactly but come next week’s math homework & well, yeah. expect a couple more comments.

oh, & i’m doing gcse math & supposedly meant to get a 7. i mean, i’m not shocking at math but wordy questions or anything volume gets me mega confused.
just a little warning :smile:

Don’t worry i used to be like this. the key to word problems is to highlight the information you need because examiners like to waffle. what type of volume questions confuse you? send me some examples if you find any. are you in yr 11?
Reply 4
just realised i sound like an idiot there. i’m not, i promise. well, at least most of the time i’m not :smile:

lol you dont and its your gsces here so you need to do your best
Original post by xsowmix
Don’t worry i used to be like this. the key to word problems is to highlight the information you need because examiners like to waffle. what type of volume questions confuse you? send me some examples if you find any. are you in yr 11?

nope, i’m in year10. so i’ve still got plenty of time to try & get my head round it all. as for the volume, i’m not sure. i can do the basic, ‘here is a cone, find the volume’ when it’s labelled with numbers. i can sometimes successfully complete a ‘here is a cone, find the radius length’ when the volume is given. but put algebra or just lots of words in it & well, i’m lost. i’m usually quite good with algebra too. so it’s kind of frustrating because i feel like i should be able to do it easily & i can’t. doesn’t help that when we do it, my maths teacher is like, this is level5 stuff. & i’m meant to get a 7. a little disheartening :frown:
Reply 6
nope, i’m in year10. so i’ve still got plenty of time to try & get my head round it all. as for the volume, i’m not sure. i can do the basic, ‘here is a cone, find the volume’ when it’s labelled with numbers. i can sometimes successfully complete a ‘here is a cone, find the radius length’ when the volume is given. but put algebra or just lots of words in it & well, i’m lost. i’m usually quite good with algebra too. so it’s kind of frustrating because i feel like i should be able to do it easily & i can’t. doesn’t help that when we do it, my maths teacher is like, this is level5 stuff. & i’m meant to get a 7. a little disheartening :frown:

ok if you ever see a volume question you don’t understand just send it to me and i will help you.

Quick Reply

Latest