The Student Room Group

Family think I have eating disorder

I only eat once a day or nothing at all some days and I don’t know what’s wrong with me I don’t like eating

Scroll to see replies

Have you visited a GP for this?
Reply 2
Original post by ساره
Have you visited a GP for this?

No
Original post by Anonymous
No

It sounds like maybe you should
My mom thought that too, first she thought I suffered from anorexia and then bulimia.
I only eat once a day too so I don’t really think it’s that strange to do, I’m just not hungry🤷*♀️
Reply 5
I was like that too. When I learnt it is unhealthy I started forcing myself to eat breakfast at least.
When you say you eat once a day.. do you just eat one meal (breakfast / lunch / dinner)? Don't you have any snacks in between meals or after?
Reply 7
My mom thought that too, first she thought I suffered from anorexia and then bulimia.
I only eat once a day too so I don’t really think it’s that strange to do, I’m just not hungry🤷*♀️

I feel exactly the same Did you go to the gp? But how did you deal with it ? Did you start eating properly after a while or still eat once a day
Reply 8
Original post by Kathy89
I was like that too. When I learnt it is unhealthy I started forcing myself to eat breakfast at least.

its good to know your improving 👍
Reply 9
When you say you eat once a day.. do you just eat one meal (breakfast / lunch / dinner)? Don't you have any snacks in between meals or after?

I mainly eat dinner only and nope I don’t snack throughout the day
Are you not hungry though?

Are you the person who gets hypoglycaemic episodes?
Are you the person who gets hypoglycaemic episodes?

Nope
Original post by ThuggerThugger
Are you not hungry though?

I have a small appetite so to answer your question not really no
GPs are experts so they’ll give the best advise. I didn’t realise I wasn’t eating enough ages ago so I changed my habits but that’s just me. Hope it goes well for you!!!
I feel exactly the same Did you go to the gp? But how did you deal with it ? Did you start eating properly after a while or still eat once a day

I don’t know what a gp is but if it’s the doctor then no i didn’t and no I eat twice a day now because my mom is forcing me😂
I don’t know what a gp is but if it’s the doctor then no i didn’t and no I eat twice a day now because my mom is forcing me😂

Yep it’s the doctors lol and that’s really good to hear that your improving hope it all goes well for you
Yep it’s the doctors lol and that’s really good to hear that your improving hope it all goes well for you

Thanks, you too☺️

It's probably not an disorder, maybe it's your metabolism.
Original post by ساره
GPs are experts so they’ll give the best advise. I didn’t realise I wasn’t eating enough ages ago so I changed my habits but that’s just me. Hope it goes well for you!!!

I don’t want to talk to anyone about including the gp however thanks for the best wishes

Quick Reply

Latest