The Student Room Group

the most expensive thing you've ever bought for yourself?

for me, it's prom dress 623 pounds

Scroll to see replies

Clothing wise or in general?
Original post by MidgetFever
Clothing wise or in general?

general:smile:
Original post by nanachan123
general:smile:

Oof, in that case, it has to be my Les Paul guitar. Spent £1.8k on it, took a good while to save for it. :lol:
Reply 4
Macbook pro. I'm hoping to buy a car in a few months, so that will top it

Original post by MidgetFever
Oof, in that case, it has to be my Les Paul guitar. Spent £1.8k on it, took a good while to save for it. :lol:

You have great taste. Those are legendary and I have always dreamed of buying one
For myself? Probably like, well I’ve never had a job. And I don’t get ‘pocket money’ as my parents just buy me the necessities and stuff so probably like some McDonald’s
Reply 6
3,500 quid amp
Original post by kkboyk
You have great taste. Those are legendary and I have always dreamed of buying one

Thank you! It's definitely my pride and joy, plays like a beaut and looks wonderful :h:

Good luck getting your car!
Canada Goose £650, absolutely no regrets.
Original post by kkboyk
Macbook pro. I'm hoping to buy a car in a few months, so that will top it

save your money, nothing can beat a good ole strat
My hamster was £10 so not my most expensive purchase however all the subsequent bedding etc over a year and a half has probably made him overall my most expensive purchase (except my guinea pigs but they are a bit different as i got them and their bedding/food etc instead of pocket money when i was living at home) that i have made myself.
Absolutely no regrets :biggrin: he keeps me sane and safe
University :biggrin:

In terms of items though definetly my laptop. Literally spent almost all my 18th birthday money on it so I could use UE4 for work on the go. (and play video games but shhh)
I made a gaming laptop that cost me £1.3k. One of the best purchases ever. That said, I was it was more durable but that's my fault for travelling with it so much...
Reply 13
My pc parts cost me over £1,000.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by CoolCavy
My hamster was £10 so not my most expensive purchase however all the subsequent bedding etc over a year and a half has probably made him overall my most expensive purchase (except my guinea pigs but they are a bit different as i got them and their bedding/food etc instead of pocket money when i was living at home) that i have made myself.
Absolutely no regrets :biggrin: he keeps me sane and safe

Wow, legit didn't know people payed for rescues.:eek:
Original post by Obolinda
Wow, legit didn't know people payed for rescues.:eek:

Oh he's not a rescue :colondollar: my guinea pigs are :yep:
There is an adoption charge/donation if you go through the RSPCA, think it's like £15 for each or something. I don't know if you *have* to pay it (for small rodents anyway) but yeh :colondollar:
Original post by CoolCavy
Oh he's not a rescue :colondollar: my guinea pigs are :yep:
There is an adoption charge/donation if you go through the RSPCA, think it's like £15 for each or something. I don't know if you *have* to pay it (for small rodents anyway) but yeh :colondollar:

Oh, sorry :redface:
An Audi TT - beautiful car
Original post by nanachan123
for me, it's prom dress 623 pounds

MacBook Pro £1750
New phone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending