The Student Room Group

Is £600-700 enough to live on as a student?

As title, per week

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Per week?!? Yes
Per week???????? Easily
Per year that is more than some people earn!!
I live on about £60 a week. Not including accom. But I pretty much lie in bed all day.
Easily.

I don't make that much in a week and I work full time. :lol:
(edited 4 years ago)
I lose so much of it in tax it ends up coming out nearly £500 a week though...
Original post by RandomNortherner
I lose so much of it in tax it ends up coming out nearly £500 a week though...

That would still be £26,000 a year - a lot of full time workers live on a lot less than that, let a lone students.
Original post by Jack22031994
That would still be £26,000 a year - a lot of full time workers live on a lot less than that, let a lone students.

Thank you; I am 2 thousand pounds in debt which I need to clear too but it should still be enough right?
Thank you; I am 2 thousand pounds in debt which I need to clear too but it should still be enough right?

500 x 52= 26,000
You could pay off your debt and have 24,000
I live off about 700/800 a month. So you have plenty

As a student you should be able to save at least half of that which would be £1,000 a month so you have the full amount to pay off in 2 months which is nothing.
Original post by Jack22031994
As a student you should be able to save at least half of that which would be £1,000 a month so you have the full amount to pay off in 2 months which is nothing.

Alright, thank you
Original post by Snonflake
I live on about £60 a week. Not including accom. But I pretty much lie in bed all day.

I'm on £25 per week
That’s more than enough
students only need like £30-£60 a week at most
Original post by bubblecat
students only need like £30-£60 a week at most

I don’t know how people manage on that, £60 is my weekly food shop
If you got rich parents giving you money then why are you even bothering posting here for opinions. NORMAL students live on 200-400 a month depending on how much they pay for accommodation.
Original post by sachinisgod
If you got rich parents giving you money then why are you even bothering posting here for opinions. NORMAL students live on 200-400 a month depending on how much they pay for accommodation.

My parents give me nothing; I work for every penny I earn
That’s way more than enough! A lot of students are living off less than £0 just because of rent payments! You’re rich AF with those amounts
Reply 18
I don’t know how people manage on that, £60 is my weekly food shop

?? What are you cooking
Original post by Sinnoh
?? What are you cooking

I buy a lot of fruit and veg and vegetarian/ vegan substitutes from sainsburies so that’s why it costs so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending