The Student Room Group

what happens if fail A-levels first year

what will happen will you get kicked out of college. if so what could you do next
repeat year
Original post by taranmistry
what will happen will you get kicked out of college. if so what could you do next

Fail at what stage. If you fail thats normally in year 13 i.e old enough to leave.
In year 12 then they used to kick people out but thats illegal. They might offer you btec.
If in year 13 then you could try college, access , just get a job or apprenticeship.
Original post by 999tigger
Fail at what stage. If you fail thats normally in year 13 i.e old enough to leave.
In year 12 then they used to kick people out but thats illegal. They might offer you btec.
If in year 13 then you could try college, access , just get a job or apprenticeship.

bit the thing is I really want to go uni and get a degree
bit the thing is I really want to go uni and get a degree

You
could have said that in your OP.
Resit or do Access.
Why are you failing?
You
could have said that in your OP.
Resit or do Access.
Why are you failing?

I'm finding accounting really hard
I'm finding accounting really hard

Try focusing and stop adding small bits of information in there.
If you fail accounting be it year 12 or 13, then just sit it again or take something else.
It is not the end of the world and you can easily recover.

Work hard get help and see if you can improve.
Talk to your teacher.
If not then make sure the other two are protected.
at my sixth form they just allowed you to repeat the year. But obviously, if you fail completely ie Fs and Us then maybe think about changing to Btec or choosing different subjects
if you don't "completely fail" you could apply for a foundation year somewhere (my friend is doing a foundation year and got DDC for reference), otherwise you could probably apply for the open university which i'm pretty sure, for a lot of courses if not all, doesn't have any specific entry requirements. but of course you won't really get the whole "uni experience". also had a friend who didn't even do a levels (did some weird level 2 course) and ended up doing a foundation year (or foundation degree probably? she didn't make it too clear) at a local college. could even look into apprenticeships. so basically try not to worry to much, there are always options! good luck :smile:
Original post by KamilaKamizaki
if you don't "completely fail" you could apply for a foundation year somewhere (my friend is doing a foundation year and got DDC for reference), otherwise you could probably apply for the open university which i'm pretty sure, for a lot of courses if not all, doesn't have any specific entry requirements. but of course you won't really get the whole "uni experience". also had a friend who didn't even do a levels (did some weird level 2 course) and ended up doing a foundation year (or foundation degree probably? she didn't make it too clear) at a local college. could even look into apprenticeships. so basically try not to worry to much, there are always options! good luck :smile:

ok thank you
If in year 13 then you could try college, access , just get a

Can you get kicked out of college with 5 months left. You sound like you might know lol

Quick Reply

Latest