The Student Room Group

I want to do marketing at University

I took:Business StudiesMedia Studies BTEC Information TechnologyI’ve heard a lot of stories that neither one of these will get me anywhere. However, I don’t get that, I know I probably sound stupid and I’d get back lash but in every one of them subjects I’ve learnt something that connects to the sector of marketing in a good fashion like media you need to fit a magazine or tv advert or film video that connects it to your audience and in business I learnt how to get a good foundation of what the business world would be like including marketing. And for IT I learnt how to use business-type applications like excel or databases or power point presentations to fit certain criteria and you sue them a lot in the business world.Overall, hate me don’t hate me. I enjoy the subjects I’m doing. I’m asking for your opinions. I was going to do English Language but I found media interested me because to be quite frank the topics and English language just are boring to me and looks completely different to GCSE. Do you think university wouldn’t accept me because my subjects because I’m really worried now that I’m going to get accepted no where.I’ve got my basics for maths and English in gcse so that’s not like I’m going to not get a job. English 8 in both and 6 in maths which is meh.
Original post by Jackgcsehelp
I took:Business StudiesMedia Studies BTEC Information TechnologyI’ve heard a lot of stories that neither one of these will get me anywhere. However, I don’t get that, I know I probably sound stupid and I’d get back lash but in every one of them subjects I’ve learnt something that connects to the sector of marketing in a good fashion like media you need to fit a magazine or tv advert or film video that connects it to your audience and in business I learnt how to get a good foundation of what the business world would be like including marketing. And for IT I learnt how to use business-type applications like excel or databases or power point presentations to fit certain criteria and you sue them a lot in the business world.Overall, hate me don’t hate me. I enjoy the subjects I’m doing. I’m asking for your opinions. I was going to do English Language but I found media interested me because to be quite frank the topics and English language just are boring to me and looks completely different to GCSE. Do you think university wouldn’t accept me because my subjects because I’m really worried now that I’m going to get accepted no where.I’ve got my basics for maths and English in gcse so that’s not like I’m going to not get a job. English 8 in both and 6 in maths which is meh.

Amazed your English is an 8.

Get the best grades you can and go to the best uni you can. Your subjects are fine for a marketing course. Find the right course at the right uni.
marketing degrees tend not to have any subject requirements, but business would be complimentary.
Original post by 999tigger
Amazed your English is an 8.

Get the best grades you can and go to the best uni you can. Your subjects are fine for a marketing course. Find the right course at the right uni.
marketing degrees tend not to have any subject requirements, but business would be complimentary.

Ah that’s good. Thank you so much, I know I thought the same I was like the only 8s I got was in English Lang and lit but I did find them boring so that’s why I didn’t continue them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending