The Student Room Group

Why do the students commonly want to vote labour?

As an opinionated person, I enjoy thinking and talking about politics, my parents are landlords so politics is the talk of the family. I personally believe that labour would wreck the economy of the UK if they got in, just ready for me to grow up and face the consequences.

So anyway why do some very smart people (students) think labour borrowing over a trillion is a good idea?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luke_Brand
As an opinionated person, I enjoy thinking and talking about politics, my parents are landlords so politics is the talk of the family. I personally believe that labour would wreck the economy of the UK if they got in, just ready for me to grow up and face the consequences.

So anyway why do some very smart people (students) think labour borrowing over a trillion is a good idea?

Are you going to be a mini me landlord?
Are they residential or commercial landlords?

People tend to vote for the party that offers them the most benefit.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger

Surely students are aspiring to be something great, so labour trying to lower everyone to the same level would ruin everything.
You are building very poor strawmen.

Why don't have a look at some of Labour's policies and try to think from a different perspective.
Try looking at the Conservative legacy over the last 9 years, what has gotten better? What has gotten worse?
Surely students are aspiring to be something great, so labour trying to lower everyone to the same level would ruin everything.

So are they residential or commercial landlords?
Rest of your post doesnt make sense.
Why would wanting a better NHS and lower student loans prevent you from aspiring to be great?
How much do you aspire and how great are you?
Reply 5

Also, no I’m aiming to be an investment banker, doing my GCSEs right now and hoping to go to a grammar school for my A levels.

Though if I make enough money, property is probably a good idea for good financial security in retirement.
(edited 4 years ago)
Also, no I’m aiming an investment banker, doing my GCSEs right now and hoping to go to a grammar school for my A levels.

Though if I make enough money, property is a probably a good idea for good financial security in retirement.

]You vote for your self interests let others vote for theirs.
Reply 7
Some of us care about the majority and society as a whole than just ourselves and our families
Also, no I’m aiming an investment banker, doing my GCSEs right now and hoping to go to a grammar school for my A levels.

Though if I make enough money, property is a probably a good idea for good financial security in retirement.

What 16 year old wants to be an investment banker! When I was 16, I either wanted to win Wimbledon or be an army hero.

Investment banking...god, how depressing. :sad:
Reply 9
So are they residential or commercial landlords?
Rest of your post doesnt make sense.
Why would wanting a better NHS and lower student loans prevent you from aspiring to be great?
How much do you aspire and how great are you?

Residential, and because if you build your whole life for something great, and then there is a political party in power who want to make it so that you can’t pass it on to your loved ones or if you are taxed at a painfully high tax rate throughout your working life to give “free” nationalised everything to those who can’t be bothered. That’s a bit of a disincentive isn’t it.

By the way, nothing nationalised is free.
Reply 10
Original post by Reality Check
What 16 year old wants to be an investment banker! When I was 16, I either wanted to win Wimbledon or be an army hero.

Investment banking...god, how depressing. :sad:

Average annual salary after ten years, £375,000

I’ve set out a plan to get there and I am aiming for a 9 in maths at gcse, did you do it?
Labour aren't going to borrow a trillion pounds, that's come from bad faith analysis of their talk, assuming everything a labour politician has been backed will get done and will be done immediately, when in reality some policies, like nationalising the energy companies will start to pay for itself within a few years, raising money to pay for other policies
Is it true that Labour are going to scrap tuition fees? If so, count me in!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 13
So another one of the country's parasites. You vote for your self interests let others vote for theirs.

Calling someone a parasite for aiming highly, is actually quite offensive. A lot of the “parasites” I know have paid many 100s of thousands or even millions in taxes, which actually goes towards healthcare and benefits for the many.
Reply 14
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Labour aren't going to borrow a trillion pounds, that's come from bad faith analysis of their talk, assuming everything a labour politician has been backed will get done and will be done immediately, when in reality some policies, like nationalising the energy companies will start to pay for itself within a few years, raising money to pay for other policies

Labours legacy is, borrow borrow borrow, apart from this time, it’s going to be a lot worse...
Residential, and because if you build your whole life for something great, and then there is a political party in power who want to make it so that you can’t pass it on to your loved ones or if you are taxed at a painfully high tax rate throughout your working life to give “free” nationalised everything to those who can’t be bothered. That’s a bit of a disincentive isn’t it.

By the way, nothing nationalised is free.

Not if you are the one that benefits.
Clearly you only think about yourself.
For a 15 year old you sound like a right laugh.
Do you have a poster of the Duke of Westminster on your wall?
Reply 16
Original post by AnonymousOats
Is it true that Labour is going to scrap tuition fees? If so, count me in!

You realise you’ll be paying for the aftermath of free tuition in your taxes for years to come, and not just for your own!
Average annual salary after ten years, £375,000

I’ve set out a plan to get there and I am aiming for a 9 in maths at gcse, did you do it?

So basically you just want money and screw everyone else.
Have you told your parents of your aspirations?
Labours legacy is, borrow borrow borrow, apart from this time, it’s going to be a lot worse...

Cute propaganda, did you get it from the telegraph? Just a shame it's completely false ey? https://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2017/11/27/the-tories-created-two-thirds-of-the-uks-national-debt/

Since 2010 when the Conservative took power the national debt as risen by £800bn. Is that the borrowing that you hate so much?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending