The Student Room Group

What were your best revision techniques?

Hiya,
I'm currently studying for my GCSEs and I was wondering what revision techniques people found best, and what grades it got them.
Thanks!
Well, I didn't revise at all for RE and still got a seven.. (Not helpful I know)
For English Lit (although I didn't do this my friend did and she got 9s in all her subjects) I would suggest making a character profile for each character in a set text. For example, if you are doing Macbeth for your Shakespearean play, then you would make a page for Macbeth, Lady Macbeth, Duncan, Macduff etc. and then fill in key quotations that were said BY or ABOUT that character. You would do the same for themes, i.e. for Ambition, you would put in any quotes about killing Duncan or Macbeth's plot to become King.
If you let us know what GCSE's you are taking that would help, and also what you are studying.
So if you do History, what periods are you studying etc.
Reply 2
Original post by aadelinamason
Well, I didn't revise at all for RE and still got a seven.. (Not helpful I know)
For English Lit (although I didn't do this my friend did and she got 9s in all her subjects) I would suggest making a character profile for each character in a set text. For example, if you are doing Macbeth for your Shakespearean play, then you would make a page for Macbeth, Lady Macbeth, Duncan, Macduff etc. and then fill in key quotations that were said BY or ABOUT that character. You would do the same for themes, i.e. for Ambition, you would put in any quotes about killing Duncan or Macbeth's plot to become King.
If you let us know what GCSE's you are taking that would help, and also what you are studying.
So if you do History, what periods are you studying etc.

I am doing triple science and all other cores, studying Macbeth, Blood Brothers, A Christmas Carol, and Power and Conflict.
I chose Computing (which I am struggling in, as the new teacher hasn't taught us anything), Business (The new teacher can't control our class), Hospitality & Catering (We didn't have a teacher for months on end), and Design and Technology on OCR.

I am trying to aim for mostly merits and 7's with the exception of maths where I'm looking for a 9.
Original post by Luke_Brand
I am doing triple science and all other cores, studying Macbeth, Blood Brothers, A Christmas Carol, and Power and Conflict.
I chose Computing (which I am struggling in, as the new teacher hasn't taught us anything), Business (The new teacher can't control our class), Hospitality & Catering (We didn't have a teacher for months on end), and Design and Technology on OCR.

I am trying to aim for mostly merits and 7's with the exception of maths where I'm looking for a 9.

Okay. I studies Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde/ A Christmas Carol (I moved schools, and so I got a 6). I did History (3), Business (failed, got a 2 because we never had a teacher lol) Media (7) and RE (7), Combined science foundation (54) and maths (resitting as I got a 3)
I did quite bad, but bearing in mind i did no revision and didnt do year 10 i was happy with what i got
Reply 4
Okay. I studies Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde/ A Christmas Carol (I moved schools, and so I got a 6). I did History (3), Business (failed, got a 2 because we never had a teacher lol) Media (7) and RE (7), Combined science foundation (54) and maths (resitting as I got a 3)
I did quite bad, but bearing in mind i did no revision and didnt do year 10 i was happy with what i got

7's are great, it's a shame about business.
How did you get a 6 in English, what did you do?
Original post by Luke_Brand
7's are great, it's a shame about business.
How did you get a 6 in English, what did you do?

I dont know to be honest with you. I only answered the Inspector Calls and Macbeth Question as well as 1 poetry (power and conflict on war photographer) so i was as shocked as my teacher
Reply 6
I dont know to be honest with you. I only answered the Inspector Calls and Macbeth Question as well as 1 poetry (power and conflict on war photographer) so i was as shocked as my teacher

Lucky!
The grade boundaries are supposed to be creeping up every year :/
What year did you do your GCSE's?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending