The Student Room Group

Recommended universities for biochemistry degrees?

Hello! I'm currently doing my UCAS application and while I have been to various university open days, I'm still quite stuck on what universities to pursue. My current predicted grades are ABC (not that impressive but I have attention difficulties which make exams hell for me). I visited Nottingham Trent and I loved it. Cardiff was also amazing but they're asking for AAB-ABB which I don't currently have (unless I apply through clearing). I was just wondering if there are any other universities known for having good biochemistry degrees with decent career prospects (and possibly with support for those with attention disorders like me). While open days are useful, I thought it would be good to ask for opinions on here! Sorry for waffling! :smile:
Reply 1
I went to the University of Worcester (I studied a different biological science course, but my partner did biochemistry!) and I can definitely recommend the uni and the course - the lecturers were super helpful and it's a great place to live :smile: My partner and all of his coursemates all have good jobs out of it too (e.g teaching, NHS labs, large pharmaceutical companies etc)
Original post by Armanmiah2001
I am going to study diagnostic radiography at university how will chemistry help me with that because i am studying chemistry at A level
Original post by lau4711
I went to the University of Worcester (I studied a different biological science course, but my partner did biochemistry!) and I can definitely recommend the uni and the course - the lecturers were super helpful and it's a great place to live :smile: My partner and all of his coursemates all have good jobs out of it too (e.g teaching, NHS labs, large pharmaceutical companies etc)

Can you please read my message above i am currently doing my personal statement
Original post by gingerjayy
Hello! I'm currently doing my UCAS application and while I have been to various university open days, I'm still quite stuck on what universities to pursue. My current predicted grades are ABC (not that impressive but I have attention difficulties which make exams hell for me). I visited Nottingham Trent and I loved it. Cardiff was also amazing but they're asking for AAB-ABB which I don't currently have (unless I apply through clearing). I was just wondering if there are any other universities known for having good biochemistry degrees with decent career prospects (and possibly with support for those with attention disorders like me). While open days are useful, I thought it would be good to ask for opinions on here! Sorry for waffling! c

Firstly whilst it cannot be guaranteed it is quite likely you will get an offer from Cardiff but it will probably be AAB. Cardiff normally accept people with slightly lower grades on results day so you could possibly get in with ABC. Bristol is a good university with AAC so worth trying. Swansea are offering BBB and again tend to accept lower on results day Exeter are offering ABB-AAB so might be worth considering as well.
Reply 5
Original post by swanseajack1
Firstly whilst it cannot be guaranteed it is quite likely you will get an offer from Cardiff but it will probably be AAB. Cardiff normally accept people with slightly lower grades on results day so you could possibly get in with ABC. Bristol is a good university with AAC so worth trying. Swansea are offering BBB and again tend to accept lower on results day Exeter are offering ABB-AAB so might be worth considering as well.

This is so useful, thank you so much! I really appreciate your help :-)
Reply 6
Original post by lau4711

Thank you!!! I’ll look into it ASAP :-) What is the accommodation like?
Reply 7
Oxford
Reply 8
Original post by Deggs_14
Oxford

I don’t have good enough grades to aim that high :-(
Reply 9
I don’t have good enough grades to aim that high :-(

Oh okay, best wishes wherever you go :smile:
Reply 10
Thank you!!! I’ll look into it ASAP :-) What is the accommodation like?

No problem! :smile: I stayed in the most expensive one which was so so nice, however the cheaper options were still really decent :smile: I think their website has photos of all their options :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending