The Student Room Group

[Official] Sidney Sussex College Applicants 2020

Students applying to Sidney Sussex College for any course join this group for updates and discussion!

Scroll to see replies

anyone heard back yet??
Reply 2
Original post by JackToTheFuture
anyone heard back yet??

Nope not yet.
Interviews seem to be quite late for Sidney so I don't think most people will hear back for at least a few more days.
Hi, I’m applying to downing college and I haven’t heard anything back yet in terms of interview either.
Original post by RpurB18
Nope not yet.
Interviews seem to be quite late for Sidney so I don't think most people will hear back for at least a few more days.

what are you applying for? I'm applying for natsci
Reply 5
what are you applying for? I'm applying for natsci

Oh nice. Maths for me. Did you have to do an admissions test?
i haven't received an interview either quite nervous and worried tho
Original post by RpurB18
Oh nice. Maths for me. Did you have to do an admissions test?

yeah. it wasn't awful, but it certainly wasn't my finest work, which is a little annoying but hey ho.
They said at least two weeks notice so I reckon we’ll find out last week of November
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Does getting an earlier invitation for interview (same course, same college) imply you have a stronger application? Why is it that some people hear back from the colleges earlier than others?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 10
Received an interview invite a few days ago for sidney sussex. i'm like beyond nervous
Original post by cmnc53
Received an interview invite a few days ago for sidney sussex. i'm like beyond nervous

what subject?
Reply 12
what subject?

Architecture
Reply 13
You can never really tell tbh. As long as it wasn't an absolute failure I'm sure you'll be alright.
Reply 14
Original post by 20012020
Does getting an earlier invitation for interview (same course, same college) imply you have a stronger application? Why is it that some people here back from the colleges earlier than others?

Definitely not a stronger application I don't think. It really depends on the college, and even then different subjects get told at different times.
I'm reapplying (long story) and last year I got an interview on 8th Nov and had it on the 5th Dec, whereas as one of my friends applied earlier than I did and didn't hear until really late November (I think maybe 27th, 28th) for an interview on the 10th.
Honestly I wouldn't worry about not hearing - they'll reject you or accept you at pretty much the same time as they do everyone else in the college for the same subject.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by RpurB18

I'm reapplying (long story) and last year I got an interview on 8th Nov and had it on the 5th Dec, whereas as one of my friends applied earlier than I did and didn't hear until really late November (I think maybe 27th, 28th) for an interview on the 10th.
Honestly I wouldn't worry about not hearing - they'll reject you or accept you at pretty much the same time as they do everyone else in the college for the same subject.

What college did you apply to last time?
Reply 16
Original post by Reality Check
What college did you apply to last time?

Kings - very bad decision. I didn't really know anything about the colleges and just picked one.
anyone natsci??
Original post by RpurB18
Kings - very bad decision. I didn't really know anything about the colleges and just picked one.

Well, Sidney Sainsbury is a good college, so I hope you have better luck there :smile:
Got an interview for maths . :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending