The Student Room Group

Weird unexplained noises coming from the sky?

A few minutes ago I was out for a walk and I heard this weird noise so I stopped. It was quite loud, but it definitely wasn’t a plane or an animal (I know I sound crazy but I wasn’t the only one that heard it), it sounded like a really consistent hum. It didn’t sound like anything I’ve ever heard before. I googled it and apparently there’s such thing as ambient noise coming from the earth but it really freaked me out. I’ve seen videos online of people experiencing strange unexplained sounds outside and I know it’s common in the UK. Has anyone else heard it??
What the **** is that supposed to mean? 'ambient noise'??
It’s called earths trumpets , it’s something to do with high pressure atmosphere changes but scientists are still researching it.for about 1 in 4 people it causes nose bleeds nausea and migraines.
Original post by Hannah._.isobel
It’s called earths trumpets , it’s something to do with high pressure atmosphere changes but scientists are still researching it.for about 1 in 4 people it causes nose bleeds nausea and migraines.

I thought it would be to do with that but it didn't sound anything like trumpets :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by Reality Check
What the **** is that supposed to mean? 'ambient noise'??

Noise of an ambient nature.
Original post by IWMTom
Noise of an ambient nature.

Ooh, right. Well why didn't she just say that then?
Reply 6

Perhaps she meant yes rather than no, in the sense that no really means yes? :laugh:
it may have been some underground equipment like a Tube Train or something ?

:holmes:

Isn’t it obvious????
Not the sharpest tool in the box, are you? And why are you anon, for no reason?
Not the sharpest tool in the box, are you? And why are you anon, for no reason?

????? Do you not already know the definition of “ambience”? As in nature? Don’t insult me for no reason
Well done for coming off Anon. Now I can report you :smile:
The definition of ambience (I assume that you meant ambient though) has nothing to do with nature. Does that qualify you to receive insults? :smile:
It was me. I was trying to think of what to say to humanity that wouldn't cause them to hate themselves even more, so went with humming.
Well done for coming off Anon. Now I can report you :smile:

Why are you reporting me you literally swore at me and insulted me leave me alone
Reply 15
I heard wierd noises the night before last. Same day as you I believe. It sounded like really slow grinding metal to me? Heard it all night out my window. Was loud and deep sounding.
Reply 17
You sure you didn't just set off a cat deterrer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending