The Student Room Group

Is it possible to study AS and A level content in one year?

I’m sort of stressed about this.

I’m in A2 right now studying chem and maths alongside good ol biology.

I only dedicate 4days a week for biology. (2 days per A level subchapter and 2 days per AS subchapter) and seen as we are just under 200 days until my first exam... I’m absolutely bricking it.

There’s tons of past paper questions and I want to do them all for every subsection but it’s just impossible. I’d have to do at least 15 past papers every day totalling to about 750 marks and a minimum of 15-18 hours a day.

I’m terms of AS, I already know the content and have made some notes last year but I didn’t attempt any past paper questions and so I will need to do those as well.

Does anyone have any advice to offer? I’m using physics and maths tutor website for past paper questions but I see that their questions are only a small portion of what found online and now my whole revision plan has to be changed to adapt to it.
Original post by Ectover_
I’m sort of stressed about this.

I’m in A2 right now studying chem and maths alongside good ol biology.

I only dedicate 4days a week for biology. (2 days per A level subchapter and 2 days per AS subchapter) and seen as we are just under 200 days until my first exam... I’m absolutely bricking it.

There’s tons of past paper questions and I want to do them all for every subsection but it’s just impossible. I’d have to do at least 15 past papers every day totalling to about 750 marks and a minimum of 15-18 hours a day.

I’m terms of AS, I already know the content and have made some notes last year but I didn’t attempt any past paper questions and so I will need to do those as well.

Does anyone have any advice to offer? I’m using physics and maths tutor website for past paper questions but I see that their questions are only a small portion of what found online and now my whole revision plan has to be changed to adapt to it.

Im in the same year as u. Im doing maths chem and physics. For Maths Ive finished all of year 1 and year 2 pure by myself and i just need to do year 2 applied. For chem I made notes on all of chem last year summer so Ive finished all of chem in terms on content so ive just been doing exam practice for that. For physics we've nearly covered all of the a level content at school so like im relying that the school will give me enough exam practice before A levels as physics is usually one of the early papers.
Reply 2
Original post by dj_ad_1
Im in the same year as u. Im doing maths chem and physics. For Maths Ive finished all of year 1 and year 2 pure by myself and i just need to do year 2 applied. For chem I made notes on all of chem last year summer so Ive finished all of chem in terms on content so ive just been doing exam practice for that. For physics we've nearly covered all of the a level content at school so like im relying that the school will give me enough exam practice before A levels as physics is usually one of the early papers.

Wow I’m really behind then.
Wow I’m really behind then.

I mean not really loads of ppl are in the same position as u. I mean i started maths last summer and its taken just about a year to cover all of pure and AS applied. Yeah i mean for chem depending on your exam board u could easily find notes that someone else has made online and just use that cos like one of my cousins did a level chem 2 years ago and the same exam board as me so like last year summer i told him if he send me his notes so ive just used that and added my own.
Original post by dj_ad_1

How did you find covering all chem a2 content in year 1?
I wish I did that I've only covered physical so far, and in nov. (aqa)
Reply 5
Original post by dj_ad_1
I mean not really loads of ppl are in the same position as u. I mean i started maths last summer and its taken just about a year to cover all of pure and AS applied. Yeah i mean for chem depending on your exam board u could easily find notes that someone else has made online and just use that cos like one of my cousins did a level chem 2 years ago and the same exam board as me so like last year summer i told him if he send me his notes so ive just used that and added my own.

I should probably stop making chemistry notes since its too time consuming.

So far I’ve completed past paper questions for physics and inorganic and I still have to do organic.

I’m not revising maths yet as I struggle with the sciences more so I’ll probably do that towards February time.
Original post by crappyappy
How did you find covering all chem a2 content in year 1?
I wish I did that I've only covered physical so far, and in nov. (aqa)

Its not that hard. I mean i'd planned on finishing at least one subject in terms of both A2 and AS in one year. Its fine u have time. I'd say when its christmas holidays u only focus on chemistry depending on what other subjects u r doing and where u r in terms of revision with those.
I should probably stop making chemistry notes since its too time consuming.

So far I’ve completed past paper questions for physics and inorganic and I still have to do organic.

I’m not revising maths yet as I struggle with the sciences more so I’ll probably do that towards February time.

True i mean if u wanna focus on exam technique then yeah go for it. And plus its better to do past paper questions cos like knowing the content is one thing and is probably only gonna get u a C or B. Yeah just make sure u dont leave maths late cos your school will finish all of maths a few weeks before A levels so u need to make sure u do enough practice.
Reply 8
Original post by dj_ad_1
True i mean if u wanna focus on exam technique then yeah go for it. And plus its better to do past paper questions cos like knowing the content is one thing and is probably only gonna get u a C or B. Yeah just make sure u dont leave maths late cos your school will finish all of maths a few weeks before A levels so u need to make sure u do enough practice.

Yeah that was my mistake last year. I didn’t do any past papers for bio and chem and only got a B. If you don’t mind sharing, which past paper website do you use and how many past papers do you do per sup topic for chemistry?
(edited 4 years ago)
Yeah that was my mistake last year. I didn’t do any past papers for bio and chem and only got a B. If you don’t mind sharing, which past paper website do you use and how many past papers do you do per sup topic for chemistry?

My teacher gets some really difficult questions from some source which idk. I also bought a multiple choice pack with over 100 questions so like ive done those and im planning on getting more. I also want to complete the cgp workbook by the exam so id recommend using that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending