The Student Room Group

UCL A100 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Anyone else have this feeling of getting rejected by UCL after how their BMAT went???
Original post by Niki110502
Anyone else have this feeling of getting rejected by UCL after how their BMAT went???

Yeah but can’t really do anything about it now. Just have to wait and see. Focus on your Alevels and try to get Bmat and ucas off your mind which I know is easier said than done
Reply 82

Yep. It’s messing with my head, but it probably best if you don’t think about it as much.

my section 2 went HORRIBLY. im expecting the worst but what can we do now :s-smilie:
Original post by thepsychoscorpio
my section 2 went HORRIBLY. im expecting the worst but what can we do now :s-smilie:

Don’t worry too much about it. I’m pretty sure the whole cohort did bad in section 2. I certainly guessed like 5 questions
naaa your'e defo right, i think most people at my school ended up guessing a fair bit. im just hoping the thresholds are more forgiving this year!
Original post by thepsychoscorpio
naaa your'e defo right, i think most people at my school ended up guessing a fair bit. im just hoping the thresholds are more forgiving this year!

They have to be otherwise no one’s getting in anywhere😂
I did the August BMAT and ended up getting 4.9 5.1 and 2.5A. In past papers, I always managed a scored of 5.7+ in both sections so getting this score was a bit of a bummer. However, you can see that the BMAT has gotten much much harder over the years and the averages have dropped by a large amount. UCL release the averages for the cohort soon after the BMAT results come out and you will be able to see that the average doesn't seem to be too high. I am hoping my poor section 3 score doesn't ruin my chances at UCL.
Original post by medic.1621
I did the August BMAT and ended up getting 4.9 5.1 and 2.5A. In past papers, I always managed a scored of 5.7+ in both sections so getting this score was a bit of a bummer. However, you can see that the BMAT has gotten much much harder over the years and the averages have dropped by a large amount. UCL release the averages for the cohort soon after the BMAT results come out and you will be able to see that the average doesn't seem to be too high. I am hoping my poor section 3 score doesn't ruin my chances at UCL.

Do you know what the average is for 2019 or will it be released after November 22?
Also don’t worry too much about your score. It seems like the average for UCL offer holders. You should get an interview atleast
Original post by Student+
Do you know what the average is for 2019 or will it be released after November 22?
Also don’t worry too much about your score. It seems like the average for UCL offer holders. You should get an interview atleast

I think it should be released on November 22nd. And hopefully it's okay cus I really want an interview.
Reply 90
Does UCL post scores of previous successful candidates?
Original post by s12er

Only the cohort average I think.
Original post by s12er

If you look at FOIs there is information on individual offer holders for particular cohorts
Hey, I sat the 2018 BMAT and was offered a place at UCL which I deferred so I will be starting in 2020, any questions please feel free to ask
Reply 94
Original post by Ayatalkinabeet
Hey, I sat the 2018 BMAT and was offered a place at UCL which I deferred so I will be starting in 2020, any questions please feel free to ask

Do you mind sharing your BMAT score, A levels and GCSEs
Original post by s12er
Do you mind sharing your BMAT score, A levels and GCSEs

Yes of course, GCSE: 6A*s 5As, A-Level A*A*A, BMAT 5.2,5.1,3.5A so decent but nothing super spectacular (I had to actually sit my BMAT whilst abroad volunteering in Nairobi hahaha)

Hi! How were your interviews like?
Original post by puravi
Hi! How were your interviews like?

Hi! My interview went well (I thought), panel of three interviewing, mainly questions about your personal statement, surrounding your interest in medicine and science, and your essay, so be prepared if you do go to interview to defend your position in your essay. The sort of questions asked were as if imagined and fairly typical from what I could gather from other candidates and the website
Hi! My interview went well (I thought), panel of three interviewing, mainly questions about your personal statement, surrounding your interest in medicine and science, and your essay, so be prepared if you do go to interview to defend your position in your essay. The sort of questions asked were as if imagined and fairly typical from what I could gather from other candidates and the website

Hi how long was the interview?
Original post by Student+
Hi how long was the interview?

Lasted about 20-30 mins to the best of my recollection

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending