The Student Room Group

[Official] Emmanuel College Applicants 2020

Just thought I'd set this up so we can talk and post if/when our interview offers come in! I'll go first:

I'm applying to read History.
I took the AHAA over half-term, which I thought went tolerably well, although the multiple-choice section was more difficult than the past papers I'd done.
I didn't have to submit any written work (the principal reason why I chose Emma, although I'm not about to tell them that!).
Also, I've applied for a choral scholarship at the college and received an invitation to audition in February based on a vocal assessment I had in September, conditional on my getting an academic place. Any other potential Emma choral scholars here?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Applied to Emma to study Medicine, sat the August BMAT, and similar to what the October sitters say, sections 1 and 3 was doable, but section 2 was difficult. Just waiting to hear back about interviews now.
Reply 2
Applied for Econ at Emma but still haven't heard anything !
Reply 3
Original post by 123smoo

Same here!
Reply 4
Original post by IsoldeJ
Same here!

Thats so cool I hadn't found any other Emma Econ applicants! How did u find the entrance exam??
Reply 5
Original post by 123smoo
Thats so cool I hadn't found any other Emma Econ applicants! How did u find the entrance exam??

I think the problem solving and the maths part went well for me, but I only wrote two and a half sides for the essay due to time constraints :,(

How about you?
Reply 6
Original post by IsoldeJ
I think the problem solving and the maths part went well for me, but I only wrote two and a half sides for the essay due to time constraints :,(

How about you?

I thought the problem solving was okay, maths a bit tricky and god knows how i did on the essay- it was all a blur! My friend just got an interview offer for Econ at Kings , why are Emma taking ages its stressing me out !! :redface:
Reply 7
yes it's so stressing!!
as they said in the email they would send invitations from the 14th but i haven't seen anyone receive interview invitation from Emma yet. My friend who applied to Magdalene for econ haven't received one either --guess we have to wait a bit longer, fingers crossed 🤞🏻
Reply 8
Original post by IsoldeJ
yes it's so stressing!!
as they said in the email they would send invitations from the 14th but i haven't seen anyone receive interview invitation from Emma yet. My friend who applied to Magdalene for econ haven't received one either --guess we have to wait a bit longer, fingers crossed 🤞🏻

yeah the only thing that is keeping me calm rn is the fact that I haven't seen anyone get an Emma interview yet, the wait is so annoying though! Yeah good luck hope we both get one :smile:

Oh i didn't even ask what are you taking for a levels/ predicted/ gcses and all that sort of stuff, i find it all quite interesting actually lol
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by 123smoo

Original post by IsoldeJ
Same here!

ahhh im applying for econ too! so stressed tho because my best friend got her econ interview for kings today ahhh
Reply 10
Original post by Aish.ldn
ahhh im applying for econ too! so stressed tho because my best friend got her econ interview for kings today ahhh

same here my friend got kings too it’s so annoying see other people get interview offers ah!! it’s nice tho i hadn’t heard of any other emma econ applicants before today
Original post by 123smoo
same here my friend got kings too it’s so annoying see other people get interview offers ah!! it’s nice tho i hadn’t heard of any other emma econ applicants before today

yeah i think emma is just taking their time haha
Reply 12
yeah i think emma is just taking their time haha

hopefully we hear by the end of the week, tho at this point wld rather forget i even applied aha
Reply 13
Original post by 123smoo
yeah the only thing that is keeping me calm rn is the fact that I haven't seen anyone get an Emma interview yet, the wait is so annoying though! Yeah good luck hope we both get one :smile:

Oh i didn't even ask what are you taking for a levels/ predicted/ gcses and all that sort of stuff, i find it all quite interesting actually lol

haha for alevels, I take maths ( already got an A*), further maths, economics, chemistry, physics and all predicted A*.
I am an international so i only did 5 igcses 4A*and 1A
I applied for engineering at emmanuel but haven't heard anything about interview yet.
Same. Lmao watch them reject everyone after everyone failed ENGAA.
Original post by PickleTheN^2

Hahaha... :-( hopefully not.
Original post by PickleTheN^2

If everyone failed, people that failed a little bit less will look great by comparison - just remember that :wink:
Another day of no interviews for me :/
Reply 19
Another day of no interviews for me :/

neither it’s so annoying - tho emma haven’t sent out any yet i don’t think so we shld try not to stress aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending