The Student Room Group

Instagram---------‐---> girlfriend?

Basically, i met this girl on instagram and i keep thinking that she would be the right one for me so what i am trying to ask is how do i ask her out?
Should i just say:
Can you be my girlfriend?
and then chat to her more if she said yes and eventually go on a date
I dont know what to do as this is my first time
Help please?
lool.

if ur both online/random strangers to each other, try be friends first. get to know her.
things to not do:
-dont compliment her. give her 1 or 2 compliments every 2-3 weeks. will keep on her toes(if she likes u). something like 'u look good in this lighting' not 'omg ur so pretty marry me'. then she'll know she has u already.
-dont text first everytime
-unproportional texts. send same length texts.
-dont talk to her everyday, or you'll seem like that annoying guy

things to do:
-talk about interesting topics like hobbies and include a few jokes here and there.
-come across as confident
-if ur talking to other girls dont mention them, just say 'ur lowkey the only girl i talk to' or 'shes just a classmate/friend'

u sound keen af. i used to be like u and i cringe looking back at my msgs, 2 needy and it turned girls tf off.

my female friend is talking to a guy who gives her 0 attention, talks about other girls, puts her down yet she still likes him. why? cuz they dont want a boring easy guy they can win over in a second.

if she meets you in real, get a good trim, cologne(chanel bleu) and teeth whitening?
idk much since im only 17 lol, good luck
(edited 4 years ago)
What. You don't ask someone to be your girlfriend BEFORE going on a date ya numpty. Ask her on a date and then see if you have any chemistry.
Talk to her first. If things go well ask her out for coffee/a drink. Asking her to be your girlfriend comes later.
Reply 4
Original post by davesantana
lool.

if ur both online/random strangers to each other, try be friends first. get to know her.
things to not do:
-dont compliment her. give her 1 or 2 compliments every 2-3 weeks. will keep on her toes(if she likes u). something like 'u look good in this lighting' not 'omg ur so pretty marry me'. then she'll know she has u already.
-dont text first everytime
-unproportional texts. send same length texts.
-dont talk to her everyday, or you'll seem like that annoying guy

things to do:
-talk about interesting topics like hobbies and include a few jokes here and there.
-come across as confident
-if ur talking to other girls dont mention them, just say 'ur lowkey the only girl i talk to' or 'shes just a classmate/friend'

u sound keen af. i used to be like u and i cringe looking back at my msgs, 2 needy and it turned girls tf off.

my female friend is talking to a guy who gives her 0 attention, talks about other girls, puts her down yet she still likes him. why? cuz they dont want a boring easy guy they can win over in a second.

if she meets you in real, get a good trim, cologne(chanel bleu) and teeth whitening?
idk much since im only 17 lol, good luck

Thx
Reply 5
Original post by sinfonietta
Talk to her first. If things go well ask her out for coffee/a drink. Asking her to be your girlfriend comes later.

Original post by Precious Illusions
What. You don't ask someone to be your girlfriend BEFORE going on a date ya numpty. Ask her on a date and then see if you have any chemistry.

Do i just text:
Do you wanna go out sometime?
Or something like that
Original post by sinfonietta

this stage never comes. sounds like what 10 year olds would do. idk if its jsut me but shouldnt it not be addressed like after 2 dates ur together?
Original post by davesantana
this stage never comes. sounds like what 10 year olds would do. idk if its jsut me but shouldnt it not be addressed like after 2 dates ur together?

Adults typically take their time to get to know each other first rather than rushing into a commited relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending