ThatGirl:D
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I have a Spanish speaking exam tomorrow.

How can I revise efficiently for it?

alyssaryxn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It depends how much you need to revise but if you've left it all until the night before then that may be quite difficult. I would say practice with another family member and get them to ask you the questions but for the unprepared questions go through the end of module vocabulary and star the ones you're more unsure of. Practice those words/phrases so you're prepared when you're asked a question that isn't on the role play/picture card
ThatGirl:D
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I luckily didn’t leave it to the last minute, I did lots of revision beforehand, I only asked because nothing seems to be working, I’m still terrible at Spanish. Thanks for the tips, I will try them out.
DeliaMoreno
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ThatGirl:D)
I luckily didn’t leave it to the last minute, I did lots of revision beforehand, I only asked because nothing seems to be working, I’m still terrible at Spanish. Thanks for the tips, I will try them out.
HI Thatgirl,
do not give up. With languages there are moments when you feel that you aren´t getting anywhere but keep persevering.
I think the main problem is that students want to express the same ideas that you would say in English. Your level of Spanish is lower than your level in English (you students need to accept that) and you cannot express very elaborate ideas in Spanish. What makes your Spanish speaking elaborate and smart are connectors or things like: es una cuestión que me interesa mucho, blah,blah. So, like it has been said before, prepare a list of smart comments that you can use in many topics, use connectors, but of course, read about the topic and show some critical thinking but no problem if the ideas are simpler than what you´d say in English. Use the language resources that you have, make your speech simple. For example, when talking about social movements something simple would be: En la España de Franco no había huelgas ni protestas. En 1978 se convocó la primera huelga general. If you use extra resources it would end up like this: Es significativo señalar que en la España de Franco no había huelgas ni protestas y que fue en 1978 cuando se convocó la primera huelga general.
My other advice is: pick any picture of your textbook that is related to the topics you have done and talk about it; anything that comes to your head, so that you bring vocabulary and info to your mind/mouth. If you see a picture of an immigrant: La situación de los inmigrantes subsaharianos en España es muy preocupante. Muchos viven en condiciones precarias, blah, blah. It sounds silly but it helps a lot.
Saludos
Vignesh2001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Is this spanish GCSE?
DeliaMoreno
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Vignesh2001)
Is this spanish GCSE?
oops, very sorry if you asked about GCSE. I was talking about A-Level.
Vignesh2001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by DeliaMoreno)
oops, very sorry if you asked about GCSE. I was talking about A-Level.
Oh ok. I think I should be apologising because I can’t help if it is A level
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (329)
34.63%
No (621)
65.37%

Watched Threads