The Student Room Group

Doing my GCSEs? Maybe? [Year 11 GYG]

Scroll to see replies

Thanks aha :biggrin:
Don't worry about it now - in the long run they don't matter :smile: You've already gotten your results, so whether you didn't do as well as you had hoped, or whether you did even better than that, you can move on, forget about them, and focus on the next stage. :smile:
Original post by xXxCartierGrande
Omg! Well done <3
I've got my mocks in a few weeks and im so worried! By any chance, do you remember any questions that came up on biology, chemistry or physics or even any particular topics i can revise on? Tysm ly x

I don't have the best memory aha sorry. I'm not even sure if I do the same exam board as you :P Sorry :redface:
Original post by Bill Nye
12/11/19

French wasn't that great. It was definitely better than the listening and reading, but it was still pretty ****ing terrible :laugh: Not looking forward to getting my French results back :s-smilie:

I have my physics mock tomorrow, so I'm gonna try and do some revision tonight, and at school tomorrow.

I also got my maths paper 3 back today and I got 80/80 on that one as well :biggrin: Really pleased with that - overall I got 237/240 :biggrin: :laugh:

Holy sht thats bloody fantastic.... I can barely scrap a 7 in maths... I might have to do the 5 a day booklets and see if it will help me improve. I got my first mock maths exam on 5th december.
Original post by MidnightStorm
Holy sht thats bloody fantastic.... I can barely scrap a 7 in maths... I might have to do the 5 a day booklets and see if it will help me improve. I got my first mock maths exam on 5th december.

Thanks aha good luck :biggrin: I'm sure you'll do great!
That blurting advice is pretty good. My bio teacher last year and Unjaded Jade both recommended it.
20/11/19

I got my DT mock back and I got 91/100 which I'm very happy with. However, this isn't a particularly great result, considering its the same paper that we sat in year 10 :laugh:
I also got my physics mock back today and I got 81/100 (although I did count it up again and got 2 extra marks, so 83/100). I'm not very happy with this - it's still decent but it's worse than what I got last year (I think it was 85), and 17 marks is still a lot to drop, especially considering that I want to take it for a level :/

I got an offer for the sixth form that I wanted to go to today which is good. My friends are still trying to persuade me to go to the better one, but idk I don't really want to go there, even though I have no reason not to, and loads of reasons to go there aha. I feel like I might regret it if I don't go to the better one, but I feel like I would prefer the one at my current school? No idea why though. Pretty much all of my teachers will be different for post 16, and it's split over two schools, so I can't say that I would rather stay at my current school for the familiarity of it if you get what I mean. The facilities aren't as good, and it gets worse results, but I still want to go there? Am I being a complete idiot or not? :laugh: The only person that I know who wants to stay at my current school is my brother - literally everyone else either wants to go the other one, or the college in town. sjkhdskj this isn't very fun.
12/03/20

Heyyy I totally didn't forget about this thread.

Honestly I'm kind of pissed off at my school right now - we haven't had a French teacher for ages (probably getting close to 1.5-2 months now). We also haven't had an English teacher since we came back after half term. However, we now have another english teacher for until our teacher comes back (they have no idea when that will be though). Trouble is, he's teaching us J&H but he hasn't taught it before (he's a new teacher and they've started teaching a christmas carol for the years below us instead of J&H).
And obviously, the two lessons we don't have our normal teachers for had to be the two lessons I'm worst at :laugh:
And the fact that schools could possibly close in the relatively near future due to coronavirus doesn't give me much hope lmao.

I've got most of my mock results back (except french and english :unimpressed:) and I guess I'm alright with them? I thought I was going to do significantly worse, as we mostly did the papers I find harder (e.g. paper 2 sciences, paper 2 lit, etc). In most of my subjects, I got a couple of marks less than in my previous mocks, however I still did well in most of them in my opinion lmao. I was probably the most happy with my computer science result - we did both papers and in total I got 157/160, which I was very happy with. However, I completely flopped my DT mock and got 64/100 lmaooo oops. In maths I dropped 2 marks from my last set of mocks, in chemistry 1 mark, and in physics 2 marks, although in biology I did gain 8 marks (does that make up for the others? :laugh:).
Original post by Bill Nye
12/11/19

French wasn't that great. It was definitely better than the listening and reading, but it was still pretty ****ing terrible :laugh: Not looking forward to getting my French results back :s-smilie:

I have my physics mock tomorrow, so I'm gonna try and do some revision tonight, and at school tomorrow.

I also got my maths paper 3 back today and I got 80/80 on that one as well :biggrin: Really pleased with that - overall I got 237/240 :biggrin: :laugh:

Hey, great blog - how've you been getting on recently? :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Hey, great blog - how've you been getting on recently? :smile:

Alright thanks :smile:

Kinda worried about how close GCSEs are getting, considering I haven't really done any 'proper' revision yet, but at the same time, I'm not too worried as I did alright in my mocks without too much revision (which I know is a really bad way to look at it, but hey):laugh:

I really hope that schools don't close due to COVID-19, as I work much better at school than at home, and in two of my subjects we haven't finished the content yet, but they probably will at some point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending