The Student Room Group

I have a job trial as a bartender tomorrow- however I'm 17 and I have purple hair

I have a job trial tomorrow after college.
I literally do not know if i am gonna go to this coz i need a job but i have purple hair and I'm 17 when it says you have to be 18 legally
- there are going to be other people who have actually had bartending experience and are actually 18 with a car.
I don't actually know if I should waste my time doing this job trial and then not get the job- thats then 2 hours unpaid work that were pointless.
What's the likelihood they'll hire me? Plus do I actually want to work in a bar? Its minimum 16 hours and i am in full time college doing a levels with no days off just afternoons and mornings. I really don't know what to do please help
Reply 1
They need your passport for proof of right to work in the UK and they will take a copy of this. They will see you are not 18. If the job description includes glass collector you may be okay, but you won't be allowed to serve alcohol. If the job is solely serving alcohol, you aren't going to get it and they'll likely be annoyed that you bothered applying.

Good luck regardless
why would it matter if you had purple hair? what’s wrong with a bit of colour
Original post by Jess104
They need your passport for proof of right to work in the UK and they will take a copy of this. They will see you are not 18. If the job description includes glass collector you may be okay, but you won't be allowed to serve alcohol. If the job is solely serving alcohol, you aren't going to get it and they'll likely be annoyed that you bothered applying.

Good luck regardless

They know that I'm 17 but I think somewhere that takes 17 year olds is sketchy so thanks- I'll take your word and cancel the trial as I don't want to waste my time. Thanks for all the help! You've put my mind at rest with what to do and if I'm doing the right thing thank you :smile:
Original post by IH8Studying
why would it matter if you had purple hair? what’s wrong with a bit of colour

I agree with you but some businesses are strict with the dress code
I was going to say, OP, that you can legally serve alcohol as a bartender if you're 17 as long as the licensee or bar manager approves the sale

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending