The Student Room Group

Want to be a beta tester for TSR’s new profile page?

[EDIT] Applications are now closed! Thanks to everyone involved. We'll be in touch soon.

Yup, you heard right, we’re currently working on a new (mobile friendly :woo: ) profile page, and we’re looking for some lovely people to help us shape the future direction of the project!

Profile page.png

What’s the beta test?

This is the very first version of the new profile page which we’re releasing for feedback (Don’t worry, it’s far from finished! More features are in the plans)

It’s a closed test that means only people who’ve applied to be beta testers will be given access

We’ve got limited spaces available for the test (due to tech requirements) and we’re looking to get diverse a spread of opinion as possible. When you apply we will ask some qualifying questions about you (like username, age, study level and gender); this will just help us to make the page as useful as possible for everyone.

We’ll contact those people who’ve been selected for the beta test with instructions for how to access it and give feedback

When is this happening?

We’re collecting applications right now!

The test will be taking place at the end of November

It’ll be a short one just a couple of days. So we’ll be asking for feedback from our beta testers within that week

What happens after this?

We’ll add your feedback to the market research, focus groups, usability testing and feedback we’ve already received from the community

We’ll collate your ideas and suggestions, and make refinements for the next iteration of the profile page. All you feedback will be read and considered, and the key themes that come out will shape the future changes (so please understand if your all your individual ideas haven’t made it through!)

We’ll keep refining and making the page better, with a view to releasing something more publicly early 2020

How do I apply?

Applications are now closed

If you've got any questions, please give me @Hungry Seagull or @MonkeyFish a shout in this thread.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Done:woo:
(edited 4 years ago)
:gasp:
I would love to do this :biggrin:
Original post by CoolCavy
I would love to do this :biggrin:

Agreed :smile:
Heya tagging in a few members who I think would be interested in becoming part of the TSR Profile page beta team :smile:

See OP for all the info :smile:

@8472 @shadowdweller @ANM775 @Reality Check @Chronoscope @KJEKJE Says Hi @Paracosm @Kim~Shawn Mendes @04MR17 @Deyesy @1st superstar @Sir Cumference @Obolinda @NotNotBatman @TheMogg @the bear @nyxnko_ @Lemur14 @GCSE_beginner
@CrazyKittenLady sure? 🥰😎😐
Done submitted it!! :thumbsup::woo: @BlinkyBill
Yasssssssssss
Original post by BlinkyBill
Yup, you heard right, we’re currently working on a new (mobile friendly :woo: ) profile page, and we’re looking for some lovely people to help us shape the future direction of the project!

Profile page.png

What’s the beta test?

This is the very first version of the new profile page which we’re releasing for feedback (Don’t worry, it’s far from finished! More features are in the plans)

It’s a closed test that means only people who’ve applied to be beta testers will be given access

We’ve got limited spaces available for the test (due to tech requirements) and we’re looking to get diverse a spread of opinion as possible. When you apply we will ask some qualifying questions about you (like username, age, study level and gender); this will just help us to make the page as useful as possible for everyone.

We’ll contact those people who’ve been selected for the beta test with instructions for how to access it and give feedback

When is this happening?

We’re collecting applications right now!

The test will be taking place at the end of November

It’ll be a short one just a couple of days. So we’ll be asking for feedback from our beta testers within that week

What happens after this?

We’ll add your feedback to the market research, focus groups, usability testing and feedback we’ve already received from the community

We’ll collate your ideas and suggestions, and make refinements for the next iteration of the profile page. All you feedback will be read and considered, and the key themes that come out will shape the future changes (so please understand if your all your individual ideas haven’t made it through!)

We’ll keep refining and making the page better, with a view to releasing something more publicly early 2020

How do I apply?

Fill out this little application form

If you’re selected, we’ll be in contact with the details for the beta test!

If you've got any questions, please give me @Hungry Seagull or @MonkeyFish a shout in this thread.

Applied for it but have 2 problems:
1. Can't set a Gif as a profile picture on this account (works fine on my other account @Imane888) and someone else and many others seem to be having the same problem (maybe cause I got reported once or IDK)
2. For my yellow "FIRST!!" badge it has been staying on 74% and level 4 despite me having answered 53 unanswered threads (it's been like this for a week now...)
3. if you want proof then I can show you
Original post by CrazyKittenLady
Heya tagging in a few members who I think would be interested in becoming part of the TSR Profile page beta team :smile:

See OP for all the info :smile:

@8472 @shadowdweller @ANM775 @J Papi @Reality Check @Chronoscope @KJEKJE Says Hi @Paracosm @Kim~Shawn Mendes @04MR17 @Deyesy @1st superstar @Sir Cumference @Obolinda @NotNotBatman @TheMogg @the bear @nyxnko_ @Lemur14 @GCSE_beginner

Thanks for thinking of me CKL :smile: I’d love to! I’ll fill out the form
I've submitted the form! :h:
Original post by 1st superstar
1. Can't set a Gif as a profile picture on this account (works fine on my other account @Imane888) and someone else and many others seem to be having the same problem (maybe cause I got reported once or IDK)
2. For my yellow "FIRST!!" badge it has been staying on 74% and level 4 despite me having answered 53 unanswered threads (it's been like this for a week now...)

Heya!
I have a feeling you might be looking at the current profile page. :tongue: At the moment we're just calling for people who'd like to apply to beta test the new one, then we're going to PM those people with the link to see the new page and give us feedback. :smile:
That is weird about your First! badge though. Can you take a screenshot with your mouse hovering over it so we can see the number of threads?
Cheers!

Make an AtCS thread about it.

I'm waiting to hear back on one about GIF avatars.
Done ! I would love to do this :smile: I'm really interested in interface design and graphic design so this should be fun
Heya!
I have a feeling you might be looking at the current profile page. :tongue: At the moment we're just calling for people who'd like to apply to beta test the new one, then we're going to PM those people with the link to see the new page and give us feedback. :smile:
That is weird about your First! badge though. Can you take a screenshot with your mouse hovering over it so we can see the number of threads?
Cheers!

I have applied for the beta
Heya!
Cheers!

Image here: and I DID apply for the beta
Screenshot_20191117_222232_com.ecosia.android.jpg
Image here: and I DID apply for the beta
Screenshot_20191117_222232_com.ecosia.android.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for applying.

If you want to whack this is AtCT, and let us know where you have your information about 53 unanswered threads from, that'd be ace! Then we can see if QA can look into it for you.

Cheers!

Latest

Trending

Trending