The Student Room Group

It's International Men's Day - who are your male role models?

Today is International Men's Day! The theme is 'Making a difference for men and boys', so we wanted to see if you had any inspiring male role models who you think are making a difference in the world.

Who are your male role models? It could be a family member, friend or a celebrity who is working on an awesome project - let us know!

Scroll to see replies

the prophet Muhammad PBUH
martin luther king
I think it was Tom Hardy in some interview question and he was asked in a Press Release for his new movie 'did you ever ask yourself, why are there so many women in this movie? This is a man's film' and he said bluntly, 'no, not at all.'. YES QUEEN.

Feminism = equality, not women ruling the world *liberal feminism that is*. :yep:
Reply 4
At the moment, it seems to be Keir Starmer. I dream of a cabinet full of Keir Starmers (in both the obvious and the slightly weird sense).
Reply 5
Original post by gr8wizard10

You know I gotta ask...why, given all the stuff he did?
My granddad . He worked from nothing to owning an estate agent business and became very well known in the community for being a respectable and honest agent .even though he's retired.now people still respect and remember him . Its because of him now that we live in a very comfortable and large house .
He's also my inspiration for being a wonderful husband to my grandmother. He's so loving and caring and not like most men who complain about going about to do the groceries or something. He volunteers himself :smile:
Reply 7
Not much media coverage for international mens day - surprise surprise. would be the exact opposite if it was international women's day
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by agentofchaos
"Of course you sexist bigot, you lost the cultural war. We have been dominating the mainstream media for quite a while. Get on the right side of history, you incel." - an internet feminist

'but...but...everyday is international mens day'
Reply 9

if you are inspired by someone who marries a 9 year old, then fair play
Reply 10
Actually that's way better. That's what a real feminist who fight for the True Equality would say irl.
It truly shows their victim mentality that they are oppressed 355 days a year. Evil men dominate everything.
Brutal one mate.

'when men can experience the pain that women do during labour/child birth, then you evil men will deserve a day dedicated to your gender' 😂

For marrying a child? Riiiight.
Reply 12
"Of course you sexist bigot, you lost the cultural war. We have been dominating the mainstream media for quite a while. Get on the right side of history, you incel." - an internet feminist

Original post by Fuego1
'but...but...everyday is international mens day'

Men complain that they don't have Special Day.
Men get Special Day
Men complain that women might complain that Men now have Special Day.

I think women might need a new Special Day - perhaps "International Women Having to Cope with Entitled, Needy Men Even Though They Got What They Thought They Wanted Day"
download (1).jpeg
Original post by strawberrydreams
today is international men's day! The theme is 'making a difference for men and boys', so we wanted to see if you had any inspiring male role models who you think are making a difference in the world.

Who are your male role models? It could be a family member, friend or a celebrity who is working on an awesome project - let us know!

donald trump he respects all women and people i want to be like him!!!!
Reply 15
my grandfathers, my dad, my uncles
Reply 16
FB_IMG_1558976390070.jpg
gotta be Alan Turing & Stephen Hawking.

Quick Reply

Latest