The Student Room Group

Mocks day 1

Today I sat my English language paper 2 and geography (combination of two papers) exam both AQA.

ENGLISH LANG P2 : I felt like I could’ve done way better I just got my timings all messed up meaning I didn’t finish any of the questions except Q1 of course
I’m heavily depending on my answer in Q3 to boost my marks, but overall I’m remaining positive because whatever I get in this exam will obviously guide in me to what needs to improved
(DEFFO Q5)

GEOGRAPHY this went way better than English by far 9 mark questions given to us were great it’s a shame I didn’t manage to complete the last one. Most questions I answered without a problem however being forgetful I couldn’t remember a specific named example which slightly led me to panic and leave out a whole 6 mark question(yeah I know a whole 6 marks)

Tomorrow is biology and Religious studies
Tune in tomorrow to see how it went

P.s my attempt of dry humour is me revealing my Boredom as one who’s had enough of her GCSES

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
did you have the Q5 i your language paper 2 about fame??
i did mine today as well lol wasnt that bad but didnt have enough time for Q4
btw are you doing 2019 papers for your mock too i am
Original post by lysirebex
today i sat my english language paper 2 and geography (combination of two papers) exam both aqa.

Geography this went way better than english by far 9 mark questions given to us were great it’s a shame i didn’t manage to complete the last one. Most questions i answered without a problem however being forgetful i couldn’t remember a specific named example which slightly led me to panic and leave out a whole 6 mark question(yeah i know a whole 6 marks)

tomorrow is biology and religious studies
tune in tomorrow to see how it went

p.s my attempt of dry humour is me revealing my boredom as one who’s had enough of her gcses

what was the 9 marker and 6 marker you missed out on? (sorry not meant to be in capitals)
Original post by pocha04

yh. I am.
Reply 4
Original post by pocha04

Omg yeah we did and the thing is I knew it weren’t bad it’s just that my mind went blank but hopefully it went well for u

and yeah we’re doing 2019 for most papers except science which teachers have put together themselves cuz we still have some topics remaining
Reply 5
Original post by stephaniii
what was the 9 marker and 6 marker you missed out on? (sorry not meant to be in capitals)

9 marker was :evaluate the immediate and long term responses of a named tropical storm

6 marker was: using a named example in an LIC/NEE explain the methods used in providing a sustainable water supply
( something along those lines )
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Sat my biology and RE exams today overall they went way better than yesterday

Biology: the paper was generally alright best part was there were no required practicals I don’t think are teachers really bothered when they put this exam together. as in osmosis had like three whole sections to itself I dunno how u can expand on it more other than saying “gain water by osmosis” but oh well.

Also there were a lot of calculations considering it’s biology and the highest marks was 5 for an extended answer. Me and my friends were quite annoyed cuz we revised literally everything especially homeostasis topic negative feedback and all that and we couldn’t put it to use 😫😫😫😫

RE: ngl this is the one GCSE I care about the least partly because it dont align with my own faith and secondly CBA. but last minute revision, which of course all of use should never do, came in handy as the questions were beautiful all the 15 markers were quite straightforward last years 11 really had it easy(sighh) but ofccc relying solely on memory I’ll probably going to secure maybe 7-10 marks one each cuz couldn’t remember the other religious views/arguments

Tomorrow I’ve got chemistry and maths literally calculation heaven I know but hope all those doing mocks now are doing well we’ve got this guys 😉
(edited 4 years ago)
Good Luck and Keeping Working Hard! :tongue:
9 marker was :evaluate the immediate and long term responses of a named tropical storm

6 marker was: using a named example in an LIC/NEE explain the methods used in providing a sustainable water supply
( something along those lines )

was it the 2019 aqa paper?

Biology: the paper was generally alright best part was there were no required practicals I don’t think are teachers really bothered when they put this exam together. as in osmosis had like three whole sections to itself I dunno how u can expand on it more other than saying “gain water by osmosis” but oh well.

Also there were a lot of calculations considering it’s biology and the highest marks was 5 for an extended answer. Me and my friends were quite annoyed cuz we revised literally everything especially homeostasis topic negative feedback and all that and we couldn’t put it to use 😫😫😫😫

RE: ngl this is the one GCSE I care about the least partly because it dont align with my own faith and secondly CBA. but last minute revision, which of course all of use should never do, came in handy as the questions were beautiful all the 15 markers were quite straightforward last years 11 really had it easy(sighh) but ofccc relying solely on memory I’ll probably going to secure maybe 7-10 marks one each cuz couldn’t remember the other religious views/arguments

Tomorrow I’ve got chemistry and maths literally calculation heaven I know but hope all those doing mocks now are doing well we’ve got this guys 😉

omggg. i did the biology paper 1 today.. lol i wrote about osmosis things

Was the biology paper 1 or paper 2 and was it aqa separate science?
Hey x has anyone done the geography paper 1 because I was curious what the 9 marker was 🙃
I hope your mocks are going well everyone, but can you refrain from disclosing the questions to any 2019 paper, please.

can you please tell me some of the re questions as i need them plsssss
Omg yeah we did and the thing is I knew it weren’t bad it’s just that my mind went blank but hopefully it went well for u

and yeah we’re doing 2019 for most papers except science which teachers have put together themselves cuz we still have some topics remaining

have you done english literature yett
btw i think i did good in my language but im scared for my literature i know what the question is about romeo and juliet but its no helpp
Reply 15
Original post by stephaniii
was it the 2019 aqa paper?

not entirely sure because they were just a combination of questions from paper 1 and paper 2 (most likely from exampro I’m guessing) that our teacher put together for an exam
Reply 16
Original post by Hazzabear
I hope your mocks are going well everyone, but can you refrain from disclosing the questions to any 2019 paper, please.

Sorry, won’t happen again
Reply 17
Original post by RAYHAN99
can you please tell me some of the re questions as i need them plsssss

Do u do Eduqas If so Shall I PM you
Reply 18
Original post by pocha04
have you done english literature yett
btw i think i did good in my language but im scared for my literature i know what the question is about romeo and juliet but its no helpp

No I’ve got it on Tuesday and same just tryna a be prepared as I can especially the poems aswell
Reply 19
it’s only Wednesday but I’m already tired so today imma keep it short as im guessing not many people read my fat paragraphs anyways

Chemistry: the questions we got weren’t to bad except for this one bond enthalpy which I couldn’t get my head round it was packed with theory and not many calculations as id thought as in not one titration which I’d revised to death overall I’m just glad it’s done and can’t wait to get my results

*the paper i did wasn’t a full p1 or p2 it was a mixture of both haven’t finished all topics getting it out there as ppl kept asking yesterday

Maths: (higher edexcel)was actually a really nice paper I think we used last years paper but I’m not sure cuz our school like to be all extra and put the school logo on the front page don’t ask why cuz I have no idea. when discussing with my friends I realised I missed out some steps in a couple of questions but hopefully I’ll still gain some marks. And i learnt that I need to go and revisit functions as this 5 marker was something else ( dw guys I got an answer at the end just took a lot of time an effort)

Tomorrow is economics (OCR)
Said this was gonna be short ....🙃

Quick Reply

Latest