The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It's not up to UCAS, it's up to the university, but usually they're fine with it because even if you're fluent, you still have to put in a fair bit of work because of the film and book study.
Original post by diana2018
hey guys,

so i was wondering if ucas take non-commonly studied languages a-levels (in my case portuguese) into account for uni applications or not. does anyone know the answer to this?
(also, it would be taken in year 12 - im not sure if that would affect anything)

thanks, d x

I'm also doing A-level Portuguese as my fourth a level. It's up to the university but they usually accept it as it is a qualification just like any other. I would still email them or give them a call to make sure
In theory it is up to the Uni, so I would always check before applying.

In reality there is increasing pressure for them to be accepted if they’ve been taking in the same sitting as the rest of your qualifications, as it’s prejudice to assume you’re a native speaker just because of the info on your app.
Check with the university.
Reply 5
Original post by catarinafrcs
I'm also doing A-level Portuguese as my fourth a level. It's up to the university but they usually accept it as it is a qualification just like any other. I would still email them or give them a call to make sure

Were you able to apply with Portuguese?

Latest

Trending

Trending