The Student Room Group

How many marks will I loose?

My experiment was about comparing two plating techniques and i used ecoli as the bacteria. unfortunately i forgot to mention the word aerobic in the growth conditions. How much will I be penalised for this? the coursework has a 40% weightage. But still what will u presume the amount of marks i will loose for not mentioning that we are counting the aerobic bacterial colonies or given aerobic condition?
What course/assessment is this? I would love to help if I had the specifics.
Reply 2
Original post by Suchomimus
What course/assessment is this? I would love to help if I had the specifics.

It is basic laboratory techniques module of msc biotechnology and its a scientifc lab report
Original post by shahlakh
It is basic laboratory techniques module of msc biotechnology and its a scientifc lab report

Haven't done that! So sorry I couldn't help.

It's quite a big omission, so you will definitely lose some marks. How many, exactly, is impossible to say - depends on the quality of the rest of the write-up.
Reply 5
Original post by Reality Check
It's quite a big omission, so you will definitely lose some marks. How many, exactly, is impossible to say - depends on the quality of the rest of the write-up.

not like 5 marks like that right? my rest of the write up was fine...but i just want to be sure because i dont want to loose 10 marks just cz i didnt mention aerobic as a condition
(edited 4 years ago)
not like 5 marks like that right?

As I said - it's impossible to quantify. You'll just have to wait for it to be marked.

Sorry.
Reply 7
Original post by Reality Check
As I said - it's impossible to quantify. You'll just have to wait for it to be marked.

Sorry.

i feel so bad now. I wrote everything right but just forgot to mention the word aerobic and i will loose marks for that. Hopefully they dont penalise so much.
i feel so bad now. I wrote everything right but just forgot to mention the word aerobic and i will loose marks for that. Hopefully they dont penalise so much.

What's done is done. It probably won't be a costly mistake, so long as the rest of the work was good.
Realistically you might lose a mark or two, but if you said something like "and then place upside down in the incubator" it's pretty obvious you are not creating anaerobic or microaerophilic conditions. If you described that then it's much more wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending