badgirlsclub9
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I know I've only just started this course and it's going to get even harder but I just feel so lost in my Economics class, it takes me a lot to actually understand the content, which makes me feel behind compared to all my classmates. I am not sure why, maybe because the vocabulary is quite complex or maybe I'm just not trying hard enough?!

I would love if any of you guys doing Economics could give me any advice, because I am really willing to use this half-term break as an opportunity to work as hard as I can and not be the only ''dummie'' in economics lol. I do find interpreting PPFs quite challenging, overall graphs (which is literally what economics is all about great)
Luckylife
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey I'm also in year 12 studying economics. I guess it's not incredibly hard for me mainly because of studying it at GCSE previously however it is most doable without. In terms of production possiblity frontier graphs it's is all about the trade-off between two goods/services. The graph is like a curve and if the point is inside it is productively inefficient and if it is completely outside it is beyond the firms/company means to produce.

I highly suggest using websites like physicsandmaths tutor and YouTubers like Econplusdal for revision. Gl
kanana
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hello
zahrah.rahrah
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I feel the exact same way about economics
Possibly this
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey! I'm in Y12 economics too. It's really hard getting your head round all the new content, I think that's just a general a-level thing though. I finished the first section of both micro and macro in college before half-term so my aim for the half term is to create a guide to that particular section of the course, doing so each time I complete a section. I just did my first one today and found it very helpful.
badgirlsclub9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I really appreciate it, thank you!
kanana
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hello ...would you mind to email me via ... [email protected]?
MissCarter786
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by badgirlsclub9)
I know I've only just started this course and it's going to get even harder but I just feel so lost in my Economics class, it takes me a lot to actually understand the content, which makes me feel behind compared to all my classmates. I am not sure why, maybe because the vocabulary is quite complex or maybe I'm just not trying hard enough?!

I would love if any of you guys doing Economics could give me any advice, because I am really willing to use this half-term break as an opportunity to work as hard as I can and not be the only ''dummie'' in economics lol. I do find interpreting PPFs quite challenging, overall graphs (which is literally what economics is all about great)
lool im doing It at degree level and I have an economics module, pretty much hating it so far.
Harry_Spencer
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by badgirlsclub9)

I’m in year 13 doing economics. What works for me is making sure you’re organised and read up on what you’re covering next in class, so you don’t go “what the ****” when a new topic is introduced. Also, you should try and get to grips with the diagrams however long it takes, it’s not all what economics is about but it gives you a base to work off in the exam if you’re stuck.
MissCarter786
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Harry_Spencer)
I’m in year 13 doing economics. What works for me is making sure you’re organised and read up on what you’re covering next in class, so you don’t go “what the ****” when a new topic is introduced. Also, you should try and get to grips with the diagrams however long it takes, it’s not all what economics is about but it gives you a base to work off in the exam if you’re stuck.
This is so useful! It’s actually so important to read what you’re going to do next and attempt some questions!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (21)
17.07%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (40)
32.52%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
9.76%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
10.57%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (6)
4.88%
I think it's an unfair expectation (29)
23.58%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.63%

Watched Threads