The Student Room Group

What kind of uni offers (conditional/unconditional) have you received?

Poll

What offers have you received from universities?

After all the press around unconditional or 'conditional unconditional offers' (e.g., students with unconditionals more likely to quit uni or unconditional offers being described as bribes) I'm wondering if people this year are still receiving them?

The university of Birmingham who were one of the first to start offering 'conditional unconditional' offers have stopped their scheme.

Where have you applied? And have you received an unconditional offer or a 'conditional' unconditional - where the university says they will make your offer unconditional if you put them as firm or insurance choice?
(edited 4 years ago)
i haven got back anything coz i havent even sent my UCAS off :frown:
Original post by soniakxx
i haven got back anything coz i havent even sent my UCAS off :frown:

You have until January so you have loads of time still... have you thought about where you want to apply? :h:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
You have until January so you have loads of time still... have you thought about where you want to apply? :h:

i know but its so stressful and yeah im thinking of queen marys(i cant even get in tho LOL), brunel, the uni of law and idk what else wbuuuu?
Reply 4
I've been given an unconditional from South Wales, my other 3 offers (Edge Hill, Aberwystyth & UWE) are all conditional.
Full unconditional from Keele for History.
As a side note, as the linked thread says Birmingham haven't really stopped the scheme - they've started giving out these "CCC" offers that are practically equivalent to unconditional for the calibre applying to Birmingham. It's still pressure selling. The sooner this sort of thing stops, the better.
I got unconditional offers with no strings attached from both the Universities of Nottingham and Leeds, but I've got my head set straight for Manchester all my applications are for Chemistry
Reply 8
I received an unconditional from Hertfordshire with just an ordinary application, no special work experience, no interview, no portfolios or anything just a regular guy who’s predicted BBB, (it’s for mechanical engineering) but I think I’m seeing a lot of people from Nottingham and Hertfordshire uni getting unconditionals so I don’t think it’s anything special
I didn't get any unconditional offers, but that doesn't bother me too much - I was just happy to get 5 offers :biggrin:
Original post by JJJJJAAAAMES
I got unconditional offers with no strings attached from both the Universities of Nottingham and Leeds, but I've got my head set straight for Manchester all my applications are for Chemistry

That’s great!

What are your predicted grades and GCSES looking like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending