The Student Room Group

do you look your age?

or do you look younger? older? (and how old are you)
i just had a cold caller asking me "are your parents home." i'm in my mid twenties ffs. lol. i don't mind looking younger, but it makes buying scratch cards and alcohol a pain.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
People usually guess that I'm younger than I am, but I'm not sure how much stock to put in that

So I don't know, ha
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
People usually guess that I'm younger than I am, but I'm not sure how much stock to put in that

So I don't know, ha

lol, that's good!
Reply 3
I look younger by a handful of years. It's no bad thing.

At least, people always guess I'm 4-6 years younger than I actually am
I'd be okay looking 20 when I'm 40 like Andy Samberg but I don't like looking 12 when I'm 16
Significantly younger.

I'm 27.
19 and i look about 23
I've consistently looked about 3 years younger than my age all my life. Maybe more.
Reply 8
Original post by Glaz
I'd be okay looking 20 when I'm 40 like Andy Samberg but I don't like looking 12 when I'm 16

lol i see. idk, i think young looks can often help you get away with a lot more. people are more likely to assume you are innocent.
I look young and reportedly "soft".
Reply 10
Original post by Drewski
I look younger by a handful of years. It's no bad thing.

At least, people always guess I'm 4-6 years younger than I actually am

Yeah, same here. People guess late 20s rather than early 30s
Original post by Ciel.
lol i see. idk, i think young looks can often help you get away with a lot more. people are more likely to assume you are innocent.

True, but not ridiculously young especially when you actually are young :tongue:

Original post by DiddyDecAlt

:love:
Reply 12
Original post by sinfonietta
Significantly younger.

I'm 27.

welcome to the club, lol
Original post by IH8Studying
19 and i look about 23

🙈
Reply 13
Original post by DiddyDecAlt

hmm does soft = babyfaced?
I mean, I get ID'd for energy drinks and pain killers (16+) and I'm 22...
I look younger. I range from 14 - 17. I am 20. And yes, always getting IDed is forver going to be an issue!
Idk. I'm 26. Get asked for my ID most of the time so I assume I look under 25 at least. But I'd say I look in my 20s. Although I had a mad neighbour a while back who came up and asked if my mummy was home. When I said I rented the flat myself she was like oh...thought you went to school!!!!! I do look a fair bit younger without makeup I'd say but...not school age :colonhash:
Reply 17
Original post by FairyTail101
I mean, I get ID'd for energy drinks and pain killers (16+) and I'm 22...

what a pain, right?

:kissing2:
Original post by Ciel.
hmm does soft = babyfaced?

Babyface and just generally soft features.
Reply 19
Original post by Precious Illusions
Idk. I'm 26. Get asked for my ID most of the time so I assume I look under 25 at least. But I'd say I look in my 20s. Although I had a mad neighbour a while back who came up and asked if my mummy was home. When I said I rented the flat myself she was like oh...thought you went to school!!!!! I do look a fair bit younger without makeup I'd say but...not school age :colonhash:

haha, good one.

Quick Reply

Latest