The Student Room Group

I need some advice (Girls Only)

I need help and prepare your self.
I am scared to finger myself.
I am scared it’ll be painful
But I want to try it
But I’m too nervous
Someone help.
This was supposed to be anonymous but at this point I give up...
(edited 4 years ago)
I suggest if you're this scared then dont push yourself into doing it. No good will come from anything by putting yourself in a situation where you're this anxious. Take a breather, it's not the end of the world if you dont act now.

Wish you the best! X
Original post by hunfilm
I suggest if you're this scared then dont push yourself into doing it. No good will come from anything by putting yourself in a situation where you're this anxious. Take a breather, it's not the end of the world if you dont act now.

Wish you the best! X

I am just scared that if I don’t than when I lose my virginity it’s going to be even more painful.
I can understand your mind set, for sure if you dont want to do it, then dont.
However an awful lot of people do do it without there being any problems .
So I guess if you want to try it then do.
If not forget about it for the time being and re visit it in the future. Good luck. X
Original post by Karisa96
I can understand your mind set, for sure if you dont want to do it, then dont.
However an awful lot of people do do it without there being any problems .
So I guess if you want to try it then do.
If not forget about it for the time being and re visit it in the future. Good luck. X

Thank you...
I think I might wait until I’m more comfortable.
Thank you all for helping!
Take time and ensure you're actually turned on. Instead of straight away fingering yourself, take time playing with your clit and nipples etc to turn yourself on. Then when you're really aroused, fingering yourself will be easier. But don't force it.
Original post by SCAREDYSTUDENT
I am just scared that if I don’t than when I lose my virginity it’s going to be even more painful.

Aw girl dont feel that way! Everyone's first time is different, and although what we mostly hear is always the painful side of things, that doesnt necessarily guarantee that that'll be the outcome for you too.

I'm pretty sure no matter what, since a finger and a d*** are very different things, no amount of preparation will have you completely prepared until it actually happens.

Stay relaxed, live your life and dont worry! Wish you the best as always x
Original post by hunfilm
Aw girl dont feel that way! Everyone's first time is different, and although what we mostly hear is always the painful side of things, that doesnt necessarily guarantee that that'll be the outcome for you too.

I'm pretty sure no matter what, since a finger and a d*** are very different things, no amount of preparation will have you completely prepared until it actually happens.

Stay relaxed, live your life and dont worry! Wish you the best as always x

Well that definitely helped calm me down.
I was so scared that it would hurt.
Thank you for helping me get over that fear.
Well that definitely helped calm me down.
I was so scared that it would hurt.
Thank you for helping me get over that fear.

Dont worry! That's literally a fear I had for YEARS until I finally realised that it wasnt that deep. Sometimes I still get a lil uncomfortable thinking about it lol but I think that's just a natural instinct when you've never done anything before and dont know how to expect the unexpected.

I'm assuming you're pretty young as well, so just remember that there are so much more important and fun things that should keep your mind occupied.

(also, if you want more advice/knowledge/opinions from women of all different ages, I highly recommend downloading the app Flo (it's a period tracker app that also has a secret confessions section where you can anonymously read and answer forums of all things sex, relationships and period related). it SERIOUSLY was the reason why I'm so much more comfortable and knowledgable of my body now, which I think is so cool since I'm still a virgin myself lol.

Didnt mean to end up sounding like I'm sponsoring Flo or go on another ramble but I hope I helped in any way!! :smile:
Reply 9
I need help and prepare your self.
I am scared to finger myself.
I am scared it’ll be painful
But I want to try it
But I’m too nervous
Someone help.
This was supposed to be anonymous but at this point I give up...

What are you scared of really? Why don't you just start with rubbing your clit with your finger tips?
in terms of sex, it shouldn't hurt as long as you do foreplay/use lube beforehand otherwise it'll feel wrong
i think that before you should have sex you should know your body and what you like, physically so explore :smile: it's only a taboo subject cos no one talks about it really, but it's completely normal
you sound kinda young, babe. learn to love and explore your own body and dont worry about losing virginity at this stage. dont feel pressured by a boy you like - wait until you are ready. It is normal to expect a bit of pain or discomfort when you first start having sex. But, not for all girls.

Quick Reply

Latest