The Student Room Group

Do you think Spotify is worth it?

I paid for about 3 months but as I’m not a student I have to pay full wack (£9.99) its too much considering I barely use it really. Fortunately because I have Xbox GamePass ultimate I get 6 months free Spotify which I have now redeemed.
It's the best my dude.
100% Yes.

I use it everyday.
Original post by ThuggerThugger
I paid for about 3 months but as I’m not a student I have to pay full wack (£9.99) its too much considering I barely use it really. Fortunately because I have Xbox GamePass ultimate I get 6 months free Spotify which I have now redeemed.

I’ve always been sceptical about things like Netflix, Spotify etc but tbh I’ve been using Spotify for a few months now and love it. BUUUT I do listen to music on it for like 7 hours a day every day so it’s very much worth it. For things like the amount of music on it, the significantly smaller amount of stage used by it, and the ease of its UI I think it’s well worth it.
Original post by Glaz
It's the best my dude.

How does it compare to cheaper options like Amazon music though?
How does it compare to cheaper options like Amazon music though?

I've never tried them but I swear by Spotify :rofl:
My friends are always telling me to get my earphones surgically attached since I'm always listening to music, I use Spotify literally all the time so Id say it's worth it. (mind you I do get the student discount)

I do love the fact that it makes playlists of certain genres of music you listen to (so it's a mix of stuff you've heard before and recommend music of the same genre) really useful for when you're looking for new bands.
I used to have Spotify and now I stay with Apple Music. Spotify is wayyyy better lmao but I cba changing back over ffs. It’s definitely worth it
Yeah I think so. I wouldn't pay £10 a month though. Me and my family have a family account and share it so it's £15 a month split between 6 of us.
Original post by Precious Illusions
Yeah I think so. I wouldn't pay £10 a month though. Me and my family have a family account and share it so it's £15 a month split between 6 of us.

Yeah thats a good deal.
I really like Spotify, but I don’t pay for premium. I might if I had more money and I used it every day.
I use Spotify but I'm broke so I use the free version. The ads are annoying but for me at least, the fact that you can't choose any song isn't too bad since the Daily Mix playlists and quite a lot of the default Spotify playlists are available non-shuffled so you can pick any song from those. This may be because I don't listen to a hugely wide range of music though, so a lot of the songs I want to listen to are in those playlists.

If you listen to music a lot (perhaps several hours a day) and you can't stand the ads, then Premium is probably worth it. If you don't mind a few ads and don't listen to that much music, then there's no need to pay.
I use it a lot so it's definitely worth it for me.

Original post by MidgetFever

I do love the fact that it makes playlists of certain genres of music you listen to (so it's a mix of stuff you've heard before and recommend music of the same genre) really useful for when you're looking for new bands.

I like this as well. I've got a wide taste in music and like to discover new bands, different genres etc. I've found a lot of things through Spotify that I probably wouldn't have thought to listen to before.
Reply 13
nah

I still use an ipod

and at home I have a NAS with all my own music on that is in a randomised playlist. I can also access this in work
I use the FREE version and it’s fine.and I listen to music all the time so

30sec ads ain’t bad you get used to it. I’ve been using the free version for over a year, if I don’t like a song and I ran out of skips I change playlist
(edited 4 years ago)
If you use it mostly on a desktop or tablet, and aren't bothered about the adverts, use the free version.

If you use it on a mobile, don't mind the shuffle play system and don't care about the adverts, use the free version.

If you want any of the premium features (such as offline playback) and can use student discounts to get it at 50% off, get Premium for Students. It's worth it at student rates.

Look out in your mailbox for certain special offers that Spotify send directly. I recently got a 3 months for £9.99, which works out quite nicely. For accounts that haven't ever been Premium before, you can get 3 months for 99p sometimes.

I would definitely recommend the Premium version, but only if it's worth using to you. If you won't use it that much (especially on phone), use the free, ad supported version.

It has the best features, best range of music, is easy to use and the best thing? Not associated with any tablet or phone manufacturers, so whether you’re Apple, Android, whatever: it’s ALWAYS there on EVERY device.
I still rip mp3s from youtube lul

Quick Reply

Latest