The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Is the university of Essex a good uni?

Hi, I want to study banking with finance including a year aboard and I want to know if the uni is good. Also I want to know what Social life is like in the uni and what’s the education and the accommodation is like. Also I want to know what’s the security is like as well. Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I want to study banking with finance including a year aboard and I want to know if the uni is good. Also I want to know what Social life is like in the uni and what’s the education and the accommodation is like. Also I want to know what’s the security is like as well. Thanks

What grades did you get and why do you want to go to Essex?
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by emily_000
What grades did you get and why do you want to go to Essex?

I got all As and it’s close to my house
Original post by Anonymous
I got all As and it’s close to my house

THEN DON'T go to Essex. In my opinion, Is not that great.

Look at other universities, like Warwick, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Edinburgh or Bristol. Much better universities and you do have the grades for it.
Reply 4
Original post by emily_000
THEN DON'T go to Essex. In my opinion, Is not that great.

Look at other universities, like Warwick, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Edinburgh or Bristol. Much better universities and you do have the grades for it.

Why not go Essex? What’s your reason
Original post by anonymous
why not go essex? What’s your reason

rankings. That's my opinion of course. So don't super analyse it. I look at rankings, if you don't then good luck at Essex!
(edited 4 years ago)
No, Essex is not a good university. It’s not as bad as the ex-polys like Manchester Met and Birmingham City, but it’s also not as good as places such as UEA, Kent, Sussex etc. I certainty wouldn’t recommend going there
Reply 7
Hiya, I was an international student at Essex. I finished my postgraduate studies in economics just this year with distinction. I can’t find appropriate words to describe my experience. However, I can assure that I had the best experience ever!! Our economics department is one the most academically rigorous and research intensive in the UK (look at the research excellence framework rankings). Likewise, lecturers are always available for help and support. All my lecturers were absolutely phenomenal (except for one) and there’s a lot more it’s just too much to type. I’d suggest that you rely on opinions from those who have been educated at the university as opposed to others

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending