The Student Room Group

do gamers turn girls off?

i often hear women speak contemptuously of guys who play video games and i wanna know what girls on here think...

Scroll to see replies

Nah.
I'm a gamer myself and everyone I've dated has been too.
Reply 2
Most of us plays games too, so no :smile:
It’s only a problem when the games become their girl and not you anymore
I like to play as well
I'm a gamer so I'd prefer my boyfriend to be a gamer, too. If he wasn't then it would probably be a deal breaker lol - a lot of my personality was built around games.
I'm a gamer (just paused Kingdom Hearts III to respond to this :tongue:) so no.
old stereotype.
Old stereotype indeed. I own PS4.
Play together that's awesome
Activates my off switch as soon as I hear the words "I'm a gamer".
Particularly annoying when gamers spend more time gaming than making face to face eye contact with non-gaming humans.
Or consider that playing animal farm and secondlife every day constitutes an amazing achievement.
Original post by londonmyst
Particularly annoying when gamers spend more time gaming than making face to face eye contact with non-gaming humans.
Or consider that playing animal farm and secondlife every day constitutes an amazing achievement.

Idk why people give Gamers a lot of flak for staring at a screen. At least I can see the entertainment value in gaming.

Whereas no one criticizes today's generations of millennial and teenagers that literally spend all day staring at snapchat or Instagram and call themselves InFlUEnCeRs.
Original post by Popsiclez
Idk why people give Gamers a lot of flak for staring at a screen. At least I can see the entertainment value in gaming.

Whereas no one criticizes today's generations of millennial and teenagers that literally spend all day staring at snapchat or Instagram and call themselves InFlUEnCeRs.

Plenty of people do criticise obsessive selfie fans, social media addicts, gamers and influencers who are not conducting business in a professional manner.
Have you not heard the jokes going round about internet addiction in relation to social media obsessed members of generation z and millennials?
Reply 13
NGL I read the title as do gamer girls turn off XD
Nope. I'm a gamer grill and if anything, I'd prefer to date a guy who also plays video games (preferably the same or similar games to me). I also know guys who spend a lot of time playing video games that have girlfriends who don't play video games at all. It's completely dependant on the person.
Plenty of people do criticise obsessive selfie fans, social media addicts, gamers and influencers who are not conducting business in a professional manner.
Have you not heard the jokes going round about internet addiction in relation to social media obsessed members of generation z and millennials?

*Jokes usually have to be funny for it to be a joke.
Only if they spent all the time playing, to the detriment of the relationship.
There has to be some give and take.

Personally I don't see gaming as an "achievement" to me it's more of an escape.
It's like a coping mechanism; you can avoid the harsh realities of life for a while and not have to worry about responsibilities because you're more concerned with the issues in the game.

Not healthy if it becomes obsessive, though, but a far better coping technique than turning to drink or drugs to temporarily eliminate issues.
Original post by MidgetFever
It's like a coping mechanism; you can avoid the harsh realities of life for a while and not have to worry about responsibilities because you're more concerned with the issues in the game.

Not healthy if it becomes obsessive, though, but a far better coping technique than turning to drink or drugs to temporarily eliminate issues.

I completely agree with this. I love to play because all your worries disappear and you don’t have to stress over school or work :smile:
It’s a nice little escape <3
Original post by MidgetFever

Original post by UGP1023
I completely agree with this. I love to play because all your worries disappear and you don’t have to stress over school or work :smile:
It’s a nice little escape <3

:unsure:

...so this isn't the thread for me to rejoice about unlocking the platinum trophy in Ni no Kuni II today? :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending