The Student Room Group

Bank of England 2019/2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bobbobbob
I'm just about to do mine! The website says well hear back about 2 weeks after each deadline. The deadline for all tests is tomorrow so I'm guessing well hear back any time between COP tomorrow and the next fortnight when they have a good idea of all test result scores!

Oh. Thanks. I didn't see that part. I guess I'll stop panicking 😂
Original post by MrMusician95
Oh. Thanks. I didn't see that part. I guess I'll stop panicking 😂

Saying that I've literally just done my tests and heard back 10 mins after that I'm through to VI!
Original post by LVS2019
Has anyone heard back yet after the tests ??

Have you?
Saying that I've literally just done my tests and heard back 10 mins after that I'm through to VI!

Oh...weird, I guess that means I have failed LOL

It is really odd that some people already get their results.

Nah I'm sure you'll be fine - I'm pretty sure I remember having to wait when I applied for an internship a couple of years ago. Also I don't know whether it had any effect but I said I was eligible for school meals etc. on that questionnaire thing so I don't know if that may have been a factor in me getting a quick result :smile:
Nah I'm sure you'll be fine - I'm pretty sure I remember having to wait when I applied for an internship a couple of years ago. Also I don't know whether it had any effect but I said I was eligible for school meals etc. on that questionnaire thing so I don't know if that may have been a factor in me getting a quick result :smile:

Probably not. Most companies don't use that for hiring. It's just to check their diversity etc.
Original post by Brandimo
Hi all! I finished my tests and was sent a video interview invite straight away. This was last Monday I think!

I wouldn't stress too much - last year it took them much longer before they invited me to do the video interview.

I am getting ready to do the interview as well. I did it 2y ago for a summer internship and found it okay. Going to research the bank well and hope for the best. How did your interview go? Did they say when they will mark the video interviews?
Original post by raganosio
I am getting ready to do the interview as well. I did it 2y ago for a summer internship and found it okay. Going to research the bank well and hope for the best. How did your interview go? Did they say when they will mark the video interviews?

On their website it says that they aim to let everybody know if they have passed roughly two weeks after the application closing date. Applications closed on the 18th of November, so I imagine we will find out either the first or second week of December.

I think the interview went well, but I'm not holding my breath. I applied for their internship last year and I thought the interview for that went really well, but even then I got rejected. :bawling:
Original post by Brandimo
On their website it says that they aim to let everybody know if they have passed roughly two weeks after the application closing date. Applications closed on the 18th of November, so I imagine we will find out either the first or second week of December.

I think the interview went well, but I'm not holding my breath. I applied for their internship last year and I thought the interview for that went really well, but even then I got rejected. :bawling:

There is not a lot of guidance in terms of what they expect in the interview. Two years ago they had competencies listed in their recruitment page but this time I cannot find anything, which is strange. I based my preparation off them last time. This year I am just preparing for what was written in their email but find it a little vague.
Reply 50
Anyone applied for the Technology placements?
Anyone know when we'll hear results from the video interview?!
Anyone know when we'll hear results from the video interview?!

Have you already done the video interview?
Original post by pop18dsa
Have you already done the video interview?

Yeah just finished today, kind of disappointed tbh but still holding out some hope!
Yeah just finished today, kind of disappointed tbh but still holding out some hope!

For some reason, my application is in the status of the review of the online assessments, without the result of whether or not I will be invited to do the video interview.
I just got my video interview invite!
Reply 56
I just got my video interview invite!

Same !
Original post by LVS2019
Same !

What programme did you apply for?
Reply 58
What programme did you apply for?

Supervision...u?